I was high.

Nice work man, must have been a breath taking view in more ways then one on the 46th floor! I especially like the framing, that and the fact you were able to get the entire main building in frame from your perch. Not like you have a lot of room to go forward or back perched up on top of a building? Also looks like you were already tapped out at 28mm.

I hear you on those yellow and oranges that creep in on the night shots. Very nicely done both at site and in your lab.

Thanks LokiZ. Yup, tapped out at 28mm, but the thing is, I couldn't get farther out, or higher up either. People with wider lenses were complaining about inclusion of the building we were on, so....

Yeah, here is the 100% crop. I can't wait to print this large for my shop.

4596644011_3124588ee9_o.jpg

Wow! That is sweet indeed, specially being low light IMHO. Thanks for sharing!

Man, how did you get it to come out that clean and crisp? Your tripod must be a rock! Where did you set the focus for on this?

I'm guessing this was with your 5dmk2?

You guessed right, fokker. I don't remember where I set focus. Backed off infinity?

Here is some playing around. I took two images that weren't taken with merging them in mind, and thought, hmmm, I wonder if I can merge them. Did some smoothing too.

4596830203_b18d671760_o.jpg

Did some smoothing too.

Looks like you did more than that.. looks like fractalius or something.

I like the end result, it makes me feel like I'm a little high too.

(video linked was in bad taste so I took it out) :guilty:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM"][/ame]

Last edited:
Very nice Bitter.

When you add a border like that is it done in Photoshop or is that something that can be done in LR?

Oh bother...I'm sure I'll be told to Google it by someone so on the search I go :lmao:

Not sure if you can do this in lightroom, but after you crop your photo. Set the crop again to the edges of the pic and simply drag them out past the edges and move it around ( reverse crop ) that will create a layer and is a little more visual as opposed to working in measurements within canvas size or whatever.

rez, I love living in Cleveland. It has quite a lot to offer. I hate that video. You can focus on the bad stuff of any city to make it look bad.

Anyhoo...

4596980277_8ea947509e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Tilt shift?

There is a line about 4/5ths of the way towards the right where something isn't lining up properly.

Hahaha...dammit. That was 4 images combined. I thought I was careful. Thanks for finding that! I am having fun playing with these images. It's the otherside of the hobby that I love.

*fixed* Image replaced.

Last edited:
great title for the thread, sure got my attention!

man these are beautiful please make more!

Got to get to an Indians game.

Don't worry about getting tickets... they are giving them away. :lmao: I saw in the grocery store last week, buy a 30-pack of miller light... get 2 free tickets to an indians game.

Most reactions

Back