I went for a walk this afternoon. Here's the results. C&C appreciated

dtzitko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
web.me.com
Well the sun was out, even though it was cold. I decided a walk with my camera would be better for me than an afternoon filled with xbox playing. C&C appreciated. You'll also 1 and 2 are of the same thing. I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Also, which do you like better of 6 and 7? I think I prefer 7.

Thanks for looking!

gw001yu.jpg

gw0020910040.jpg

gw0060927244.jpg

gw0070935070.jpg

gw0040917268.jpg

gw0050921604.jpg

gw0030913751.jpg

#1. Generally out of focus foreground images don't work well. Too distracting.
#2. Interesting colors. A bit of barrel distortion that could be corrected in PP.
#3. Eh. What's the purpose/subject of the shot?
#4. Same comment as #3.
#5. Interesting juxtaposition, but I would isolate the Jesus sign and the graffiti (if that's what it is).
#6 and 7. Again interesting colors, but did you really want your reflection in the image? I don't think it adds anything or tells a story in any way. I like the brass in #6 better.
My son lives in STL and his sister-in-law worked at the Fox. I understand the interior is spectacular. In general, my advice would be to get closer to subjects. Isolating doorways and windows create very interesting images (provided the subject is interesting).

kudos for having the balls to walk around downtown st louis.

I think you should focus on not shooting chain link fences, and I like 7 more than 6 but don't really see the artistic value in taking a picture of yourself taking a picture.

kudos for having the balls to walk around downtown st louis.

I think you should focus on not shooting chain link fences, and I like 7 more than 6 but don't really see the artistic value in taking a picture of yourself taking a picture.

Haha. Downtown St. Louis is perfectly safe, however, I wasn't downtown. I was just west of it though. Also, a pretty safe area. But I'm not getting into that debate here.

Thanks for the comments guys. The chain link fence thing, well, the alley looked more interesting in person. I failed to capture it as I saw it. Something about it caught my eye. Any others?

I think 7 is better. It wouldn't be a bad self portrait for your avatar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back