I will give Post processing help

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ask a question, and I will try to help.

Peano's result seems to have worked the best. I'm not sure what kind of interface PS7 has, but another way to have maximum control over colors is using a curves adjustment layer, and then editing each channel to your liking.

Another way, although trickier, but I seem to use it more when I forget to go from daylight to strobe, is open up your levels and you'll see 3 small eye drops on the bottom. Click on the first one and select the a solid black point in your picture. (Bottom of backpack, one of the tree branches, etc etc. The darkest thing you can find) The second eye dropper you want to choose a flat gray in the picture. ( I choose part of the lower left rock )

After that, the picture looks pretty good. Again, it's trial and error with this method. You're eyeballing the colors but you can always ctrl z and try another spot that looks similar.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Come on noobs....ask away. I won't have the patience to do this for much longer.

What's the best method for skin smoothing that retains some detail? I hate the gausian blurred look that most people use.

What's the best method for skin smoothing that retains some detail? I hate the gausian blurred look that most people use.

You need to select the skin you want to blur. Whether it be my pen tool, or any method. The easier way to select skin is to go into Photoshop > Select > Color Range

Then select the eyedrop that has a + sign to it. Click the surface on the skin that you would like to smooth. Keep in mind that skin might have different tones, so click on all the ranges of tones until you have selected the entire skin surface. If you select other things, that's ok.

Click ok, and you will have a selection of the color ranges you selected. Make the other layers invisible to just see the skin selection. Erase anything that you don't want blurred with a soft brush.

Once you finish, click on the layer with the skin selection and duplicate it. Make the layer you just duplicated invisible. And the bottom layers that are invisible, visible.

Working on the first skin layer go into filters> blur> surface blur.

Select a good amount. This step will vary depending on the quality of the image.

By now, your picture should look like crap. This is good. Finally make the top skin layer visible. On that layer go to filter>other>high pass and again select a good amount.

Change that layers blend properties to soft light. Then adjust the surface blur and high pass layers until you get a good balance.

The above was taking into consideration you have intermediate knowledge at the least in PS. If you don't, ask more questions in what step you're having difficulty with and I will expand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back