I Will Steal Your Photos

Christ. You people get worked up so easily. Forget that I was trying to make a point. Lets just have a brawl.

ha ha ha ha...........

I take your point... But I like to serve it back just as dramatic as you dished it out.. lolololol

Honestly as a total Noob to photography well I don't see why anyone would really want to take my photos and I am not saying that anyone has or would but really I guess at this point I would be kind of flattered that someone wanted it that much that they took it and used it somewhere else!!!

The bottom line is though that if you don't want them stolen don't post them on the net. Even if they do get taken what are the chances of you EVER finding out that someone has them? Really?!

Its a common thing to heist a pic from the net, your looking for something special for a card or a flyer and you hit images on your local browser and poof its one, two, three, download...oops I just infringed that Copyright law. I've done it and I am sure that most EVERYONE here at one time or another has done it also. Have I taken one and used it to gain Money or fame...No, but it would be ohhh so easy to do.

Moanah said:
Honestly as a total Noob to photography well I don't see why anyone would really want to take my photos and I am not saying that anyone has or would but really I guess at this point I would be kind of flattered that someone wanted it that much that they took it and used it somewhere else!!!

The bottom line is though that if you don't want them stolen don't post them on the net. Even if they do get taken what are the chances of you EVER finding out that someone has them? Really?!

Its a common thing to heist a pic from the net, your looking for something special for a card or a flyer and you hit images on your local browser and poof its one, two, three, download...oops I just infringed that Copyright law. I've done it and I am sure that most EVERYONE here at one time or another has done it also. Have I taken one and used it to gain Money or fame...No, but it would be ohhh so easy to do.

The chances are pretty good if you were to... say, steal a photo of a remarkable storm and post it in a photography forum as your own work, later claiming to have misunderstood and that because you used photoshop it became your own. :lol:

Rob

We maybe all can visualise the image of the person standing defiantly in the path of the tank in Tiananmen Square. I don't know who owns that picture but due to it's political/humanistic significance the photographer may be unaggrieved/tolerant that it is used throughout the world in many ways sometimes without contractual permission or credit.

The chances are pretty good if you were to... say, steal a photo of a remarkable storm and post it in a photography forum as your own work, later claiming to have misunderstood and that because you used photoshop it became your own.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That was the best fight ever in tpf history! hehehe.

Oh and by the way... I did not create my avatar.... I stole it... just in case anyone was wondering.

Hope i didn't mislead you there rob. hehehe.

Just a quick question here, food for thought - why do all of the major search engines have a search feature for photos. Do you think that people just look once and move on . . .

Wallpaper comes to mind, as do cards, flyers and such.

Maybe a photo should be considered as an arrangement, like words on paper. Put them in a certain order for the first time and it's an original work.

Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back