I won my first photography contest! :^)

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by manaheim, Sep 12, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I won my first photography contest!!! :D

There were two categories- color and B/W, and I wion first place in both. I'm excited.

Honestly, I feel a little guilty. :lol: This is just our local town agricultural fair... all the local townspeople bring out their various crafts, photography, preserves, baked goods, home grown veggies, etc. People had some nice stuff, too... and some decent photography... but, er... I kinda feel like I showed up to a knife fight with a revolver. :blushing:

Anyway, I whipped out my camera phone and took some crappy images of my prize winners to share with you guys. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thenikonguy

thenikonguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    CONGRATS!!! awesome photos too... i can see how you would feel like your going in with a revolver.. espeically in a small town fair.. its usually moms and old folks who enter ours..

i'm in one next week... same type.. little town contest.. haven't decided what I'm entering yet.. the biggest problem is, they have so many rules for the digital category.. little to NO editing.. they want straight from the camera... so, I guess i'll have to get creative with lighting. the funny thing is.. its $5 to enter.. and 1st prize is $3.. LOLOL i dont even know why they are having a prize.

3. mooimeisie

mooimeisie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats on the win. Local fairs are wonderful and sometimes you see the greatest things on the entry tables. My favorite things to photograph there are the vegetables. It's funny watching all the ladies touch everthing. Just a thought, maybe you should look into a polarizer for that little camera phone.

4. thenikonguy

thenikonguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ?? you can do that?? the lens is tiny on camera phones.. if there is such a thing, i'd certainly be interested, as I use my iPhone for a LOT of photography

5. mooimeisie

mooimeisie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry, just being a smarta**. I thought the window reflection took away from the photos of the photos.

6. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congrats!

You probably scared the hell out of them with your lawyer. No wonder they gave you both first prizes. :lol:

And while I'm here I'd like to put my name down for a CP for my cell phone....

7. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats...:thumbup:

8. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congartulations! :)

9. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats manaheim! Now that you've won in the local the next is the regional fair to win!

you can buy polarizer filter material from some places - you would then just need to cut the filter to fit over the front of your lens (based on the idea that its a plastic based polarizer filter - if not then you can still cut glass pretty small). I think there are plastic based ones since I have seen poeple attaching polarizer filters to the ends of camera flashes before

10. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Congratulations on your winning entries! It's nice to get some positive feedback from the powers that be.

As for tricking out the cell phone with some polarizing film--yeah, go for it! Maybe also think about adding the accessory micro-flash unit, the high-speed battery booster pack, the Wi-Fi enabled downloading software, the GPs tagging kit, and the Best Shot Selector updater and bring that camera phone up to near-d-lsr specs. Why not?

11. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

ya the man!!!

12. Plato

Plato TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's easy. All you need is duct tape.

All kidding aside, many years ago before I could afford an SLR, I would hold my polarized sunglasses in front of the lens of the Brownie.