I won't stop rock'n 'till I retire!

Wheel Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Name: Wheel Man

Little about my self and my photographic journey threw life:
I'm a pretty avid VolksWagen enthousits and photographer (as you will see in my gallery). I first started messing around with photos when I was a freshman in highschool and took a photography class. I learned that I really liked taking pictures but I hated teachers telling me what was good and what was bad. So I went out and got a used N2020 and started messin around on my own. I later studied under Bob Evans (sceniclight.com) and found that I really liked landscape photography, at least at that time. I went on 2-3 trips a year for about 5 years with Bob untill I relized that every time I took a picture someone else had proably already taken that picture. So I decided that I was done with landscape.
At the age of 18 I started to get into cars and found my self taking many pictures of them. Around that same time I was diagnosed with liver failure due to over medication as a child, I was sick alot and was unable to take pictures for a while. From the age of 18 to about 20 my photography didn't really change any, it was still very basic and easy to duplicate. Which was something I wanted to change.

When I turned 19 I was still battling liver failure and I decided that if I had any chance of dieing this young I better go down in a blaze. So I made 2 promises to my self.
1. That every car I built after that day would be something that people would remember.
2. I would dive into my art and learn to look at everything in life as art.

By the age of 20 I had already been in 2 car magazines (Euro Tuner and Performance VW) and had started a basic online photo gallery with the hopes of being discovered.

Now 21 I have refined my gallery and given it a formal site.

With that said.

EYe.highlight.jpg

Http://saltywayz.com

Welcome WM! Glad to have you here.

Welcome! You've got some wonderful images on your site, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Most reactions

Back