i woul like som c&c on these pics??

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Joe&Caroline, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Joe&Caroline

Joe&Caroline TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yeah I posted one of these yesterday and got no response I am very new to photos and have no toys or lights yet I used no flags or difusers jst my canon 40d and speed lite flash 580exII
    1.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jdmwannabee

jdmwannabee TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i really like the 8 ball one!

3. Joe&Caroline

Joe&Caroline TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanx me too
    to the top

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well, the first two are definitely underexposed. Aside from that, they're "fine", but don't necessarily excite me... just pictures of some people. That's fine, of course, but if you want something to grab someone who doesn't know these people you have to find something interesting about them that transcends your relationship with them.

On the second pic, the angle is an interesting idea but didn't work for me personally and you have quite a bit of "dead space" in the picture... your subject doesn't take up enough of the frame, IMO.

BTW, your Avatar is way underexposed, too... so you definitely have some kind of exposure or monitor calibration problem somewhere.

5. Dick Sanders

Dick Sanders TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Joe & Caroline: The first pic has a really nice late '40's early '50s quality to it. The B&W from that era was often low contrast and slightly dark. The second one is a pretty decent portrait, very natural looking, but the angle throws me. The third one -- ahhhh...behind the 8 ball! Gotta love it!