I would like to introduce myself

anniness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to this site and certainly need to learn how to use it. My screen name is anniness and I live in CT. I'm trying to find a school that doesn't take 2 yrs to complete and is in another state. Anyone have any ideas? I am thinking of an on-line course. Has anyone done this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be a portrait photographer (children and pets). I have always loved taking pictures and now that I am unemployed it seems like a good idea to fulfill my dream. Hope to make some friends here. Thanks!

Welcome!

Is there a community/technical college nearby? Most in my area offer photography programs.

Welcome to the forum.

I'll also suggest looking at local tech schools and community colleges. They are usually a good source for photography classes. It may not be the same as a photography degree or diploma....but those things don't really matter when it comes to portrait & wedding photography.
Actually, a better idea would to take a business program and learn photography on the side.

Also, learning from an established pro is often a faster/better route...although few would take you on if you don't already have a base of knowledge. So maybe start networking with some pros in your area, with the idea that maybe you can work with/for them for a while.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions everyone! I'm trying to learn more about this site. Has anyone taken any on-line courses in photography.....oops already asked that.

Welcome, anniness :)

Hi anniness,

Welcome to the site - enjoy !

Welcome to the forum.

No one's really addressed the online classes thing for you, and unfortunately I can't give any firsthand knowledge 'cause I've never tried one. In my opinion, though, unless it is structured in a way that you're getting direct feedback on your work from a competent instructor (and hopefully from other students because giving and receiving critiques with your peers is a great tool in learning, in my opinion), it isn't worth the money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back