I would like to see

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Rachelsne, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I would like to see some photographs from the members who regularly post and comment on photographs and threads but never post their own work.

The reason being, if I am getting advice from someone its nice to see the kind of pictures they can take.

Especially as there have been some blunt and unhelpful people posting on many times a day and when I look at their posting history all they have is the same kind of posts with very few threads that they started with actual photography content and no picture threads or posts.

By the way not all of you who have no picture posts are arrogant, unhelpful or blunt, its just a select few, and I really think that they know who they are.

2. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    www.ryandiciccophotography.com

Take a look if you like. I did have trouble getting the photos to display as clear as they should be. If anyone knows why when I have CS2 create a simple viwer gallery the photos come out soft even after I resharpen them I would love to know.

3. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

My website is in my sig! I haven't posted anything recently, though I have a bunch of new stuff waiting for edits. I always, always, always try to be helpful and respectful when commenting, though I tend to get really nit-picky :p

4. caspertodd

caspertodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well the problem is you have people who get upset when you post boring, ho-hum pictures, then you have people who get upset when you don't post your pictures. Either way, someone is going to get pissed off and start a rant thread. I do get what your saying. It adds credence to someones critique when you can go see that they are able to accomplish themselves what they are recommending.

5. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im still a beginner, but my photos can be seen on my web site too...the link is over yonder to the right.
    I am willing to help anyone who asks. If I dont have the answer, I will try to find it.

BTW....Rachelsne...I agree with you.

6. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I understand that. But I want to add that being and art critic and being an artist are two VERY different talents with almost no overlap. This is true of photography as well.

I bet they don't. I bet they live in their own little fantasy world.

Anyway, if a crit (critique) is blunt that's one thing but if it's "blunt and unhelpful" I would report it with the "Report this post" button. And if I saw two from the same person I would start looking for the "Ignore List" if there is one on this site.

I'm sorry you had to experience this. There's no bigger turn-off than a person who's put themselves in the judges seat yet left their compassion, common sense, manners, and helpfulness outside. Don't let it put you off from trying, learning, and sharing you're greatness and your enjoyment with us though! That's really what it's all about. Enjoyment!

you can see my latest stuff here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128479

and pretty much all my stuff here: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1282652&postcount=3

7. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Are you using "Bicubic Sharper" when you reduce them?

8. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I've always been available to see