I would like your opinion on these shots i took:

Vinnye9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I'm an amateur ''photographer'' and I take pictures with my Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm planning on buying a real camera but before that I would like to know if these are any good. Any type of feedback is welcome.

Frozen Apple.jpg
Castle on The Rocks.jpg
Pink Sun Flower.jpg
Rocky Beach.jpg
Sea Parachutist.JPG

Pretty good for phone camera pics. I think the castle shot and the sky-diver shot are both pretty good. The issue with a smartphone camera is the semi-wide-angle lens length: the phone camera offers NO 'telephoto look' possibilities, so it makes the mid- and long-distance things physically small in the image.

A "real" camera with a zoom lens, like an 18-55mm kit zoom, will allow you more options in terms of what lens "looks" you can put into the images; getting a tele-zoom, like a 55-200,55-250,or 70-300mm zoom, will allow you to create true telephoto-look photos.

Agree with all Derrel said.
I would add that IMHO you have good ideas for photos but I'd like to see a bit less "right in the middle" stuff. The frost on the fruit may do better off center and the pink flower perhaps at a higher angle?

I agree with both of the above replies. It is amazing what smartphone cameras are capable of these day's and you have some nice images from your smartphone. Having a "real camera" does not guarantee good images, since a great or even good photograph relies on the photographers vision and ability to use his/her tools, light etc. to turn that vision into a successful photograph. Judging by these images you have shared, you are on your way and likely to benefit by having a dslr with at least a kit zoom lens as a start.

Most reactions

Back