KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a blacksmith shop that closed in 1940.

iBlacksmithWm.jpg

Great photo and it makes me think... When those tools were made there was no such thing as a DSLR, the Internet, forums, ATM's, etc.

Crazy... 20 years from now our kids are going to have old photos of our gear and asking people on something that hasn't been invented yet what it is, lol.

OK, I kind of rambled there... hopefully everyone will be able to follow that.

Great photo and it makes me think... When those tools were made there was no such thing as a DSLR, the Internet, forums, ATM's, etc.

Crazy... 20 years from now our kids are going to have old photos of our gear and asking people on something that hasn't been invented yet what it is, lol.

OK, I kind of rambled there... hopefully everyone will be able to follow that.
Nor computers, push button telephones, nuclear bombs, jet aircraft, television, or WWII.........I'm glad you liked the image and that it provoked an assessment how many conveniences we have today.

Very cool photo i love the texture how old and ruged it is Very nice work.
Thank you. I'll consider the image a success.

Cool. Iron everywere...even the wood looks like iron.

I am with ValDR on this one. This shot is all about textures, but the post-processing makes the wood look weird: too contrasty and too shiny.

Cool. Iron everywere...even the wood looks like iron.
Or the iron (and steel) looks like wood. I appreciate the comment. These hammers and other pieces have been sitting on this bench untouched, for 59 years.

I am with ValDR on this one. This shot is all about textures, but the post-processing makes the wood look weird: too contrasty and too shiny.
Noted and thank you for taking a look and giving me your opinion. Yours and ValDR's comments will influence me when I return to the shop, for sure.

Edel Blacksmith Shop. Iowa Historical Society.

Sometime this summer I'll be able to return with some grip and have another go, with me deciding where from and how much light there is. I figure I'll need 3 long days to shoot it all.

As it turns out, PBS will be in this same shop this coming Friday, 5/5 to shoot a segment. I'm trying to get free so I can shoot the shoot as an endearment to the state historical society.

You done well with this one. The only thing I would change is, maybe make the image a little darker.

Most reactions

Back