Icebergs Part II

Cappahayden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Sunday evening, as the gray weather moved along...

18MayBerg2.jpg

18MayBerg6.jpg

18MayBerg5.jpg

18MayBerg1.jpg

18MayBerg7.jpg

6. No iceberg. Just the Fisherman's Hall.
18MayBerg4.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. More to come soon from Monday's outing.

4 & 5 are great!
2 & 3 are missing something, but I think some PP would do the trick! I can't quite put my finger on it though...

Thanks for getting some shots of "wild ice" while we still can! I like them. Where were they taken?

Thank you all for commenting. Yes 2 and 3 were taken just before dark and I did not have a tripod, so I tried to balance increasing ISO with the shutter speed to at least get a reasonably sharp picture. I could probably take a little more time in the PP and see if I can come up with something better. ian5940 these were taken on the north east area of the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland. Thanks again for your comments and advise.

so do you live in Newfoundland? These pictures are really quite amazing. I feel the same way for 2&3 as others have said, and you've explained. Great photos.

Why do I get the feeling to just shout "ICEBERG AHEAD!!!" lol

Your shots are amazing. I have never seen an iceberg, other than in pictures. Maybe one day, when I can convince myself to go to a colder climate for a visit. Great job on #'s 1,4,5,6!

Thanks Arch , Lefty, Dark, MissMia, HD and Meg for taking time to reply. I will probably post a few others soon but am on the fence with them because the day was hazy and low contrast. Trying to increase contrast is a dogs breakfast because it doesn't take much to blow out the berg's. Clear crisp days with deep blue sky's are the best... but hard to come by. Thanks again, and HDPIX, how about posting some of your's? Meg it was about 60 degrees F Sunday evening when I took these and some years icebergs can hang around into July so you can view them comfortably wearing a Bikini if you are so inclined. ;)

Thanks again.

Thanks Arch , Lefty, Dark, MissMia, HD and Meg for taking time to reply. I will probably post a few others soon but am on the fence with them because the day was hazy and low contrast. Trying to increase contrast is a dogs breakfast because it doesn't take much to blow out the berg's. Clear crisp days with deep blue sky's are the best... but hard to come by. Thanks again, and HDPIX, how about posting some of your's? Meg it was about 60 degrees F Sunday evening when I took these and some years icebergs can hang around into July so you can view them comfortably wearing a Bikini if you are so inclined. ;)

Thanks again.

Hey anything above 80 degrees and I would totally wear a bikini. :lol: Now that would be an awesome photo, someone viewing the icebergs while in a bikini. :D

Most reactions

Back