Icelandic tent

the_mechanic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from Iceland! We were 6km from Skogafoss, seems strange but I shot the pic at 11:00 pm :D
So strange to me!
Comments and critique are very welcome.
I like how i framed the shot but I don't like the PP. It seems like the colours are.. compressed? I don't know, kinda underexposed.
Let me know!
_DSF5417.jpg

Not sure what you mean by "compressed". The greens look a little dark (underexposed?), if that's the correct assessment. Maybe that's the way they were, but I don't know because the tent, the sky and the water look okay to me on my calibrated monitor.

WesternGuy

Nice shot. Yeah, kinda underexposed. See what you think of this:

tent.jpg

Can only do so much with a JPEG but I opened the shadows, lightened the tent and raised the contrast. I also made some color changes, mostly the sky which I shifted to blue.

Joe

Nothing majorly wrong with the first photo I actually prefer it to the edit. Lighting looks fine on my monitor. I would say make the sky less turquoise. I think for it being 11pm...your first image is more believable than the edit. The shadows are the biggest give away... you might be thinking that the colours are oversaturated instead of compressed? (I think the sky, river and clothing on the tent feel oversaturated) I would maybe remove the small white tent aswell to the far right. Areas of the grass feel oversaturated too. Probably remove the white cloud pocking out to the right.

Do some test and see what you prefer.

I'll post some mods soon! Thanks :D

Most reactions

Back