Icy Sunset

WOW!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

Love them!!! Especially the 3rd. Wow!!! Wow!!

(Yeah...about the "Just For Fun" forum....ummm....if it were up to *me*....we'd have a whole gallery devoted to "Chiller" !!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) Yeah...I'm a fan!! :blushing: :lol: )

Ahhhhhhhhh....thank you Arto. Your too kind. :D:D:D

If you don't mind could you share your settings? Thanks

Thaks so much TJ.
ISO100
1/5sec
f/22
Canon Rebel, 18-55IS lens
Used a #8 ND grad filter

ISO200
1/250sec
f/10
Canon Rebel 18-55IS @18mm
#8NDGrad filter

ISO100
1/20sec
F/11
Canon Rebel 18-55IS @18mm
#8 NDGrad filter

Post processing was 2 & 3 needed a slight horizon adjustment. I was on ice so getting a 100% accurate level was next to impossible. It was also
-35(-30American) I shoot in Raw, and adjusted the Brightness/Contrast/Level, and saturation. A slight sharpen on the ice. Cheesy frame is in the actions. :lol:

This is a crap shot, but wanted to show y'all what I was up against with the ice slamming against where I was standing.
464425184_JmCDX-M.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks "Man". I remember a conversation over in that "Pro" place that said anyone who takes photos for a hobby should post in the Just for Fun gallery, so they are not wasting time signing our guestbook or something like that. ....so I do this for a hobby. :D:lol::D

Seriously??? Dude, with your longevity here I don't see how you have to be bowing to what anyone else tells you to do with your posts... and your "hobby" pictures kick the living crud out of my "professional" ones.

SO...

Either I need to check in here more often or you need to break out and post wherever you damned well please. :)

Seriously??? Dude, with your longevity here I don't see how you have to be bowing to what anyone else tells you to do with your posts... and your "hobby" pictures kick the living crud out of my "professional" ones.

SO...

Either I need to check in here more often or you need to break out and post wherever you damned well please. :)

Like I said...the man needs his own gallery!!!! ;)

Really beautiful shots, you should have put them in the Landscapes gallery, but luckily we all found them here anyway
icon_thumright.gif

Thanks again everyone. Appreciate your comments. :D

Seriously??? Dude, with your longevity here I don't see how you have to be bowing to what anyone else tells you to do with your posts...

SO...you need to break out and post wherever you damned well please. :)
I completely agree with Manaheim's comments!

These are considerably lighter than your usual work.

Not that you need it, I think most if not all have already been nominated by others for POTM but Nicely done.

3rd photo nominated for Jan. photo of the month!!!!

:O)

Most reactions

Back