Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D500 @ ISO 200
Tamron 24-70 f/2,8 @ f/5.0
0.6 Second Shutter
Tripod Manfrotto BeFree
Edited in Lightroom Only

20170107_JDH_2487_3_2.jpg

Feedback and Critiques Welcome. You don't learn by saying bad work is good...

It is an interesting photo - would be nice to see the histogram for this image. If it was mine, I would have tried to see if I could bring out a bit more colour in the sky using the adjustment brush. I also would have tried to use the brush to see if I could lighten up the frozen water falls area, just a bit so that more of the detail is visible, particularly on the right side where it is quite dark.

WesternGuy

HITM, I am just curious, so don't take this as a criticism. Is it possible that if you could change position (maybe you can't without getting very wet :biggrin-93:), you might catch some of the sunset colours in the ice on the waterfalls?

WesternGuy

While agree that bringing the shadows up a smidgen would add some nice detail, particularly in the lower right, I also think it's a very nice image as is.

Thanks All!

I will brighten up the shadows and see how it looks, when printed the shadows were even darker so I agree that might need an update.

@WesternGuy if I had my chest waders I MIGHT have been able to, but that is a break water on Lake Champlain so the waves were quite strong as the Ferry was passing, it also gets deep quick! So I am not sure if I can, but I love the idea! The sun was setting at 8:00 (on a clock face) assuming the ice was 12:00.

20170107_JDH_2487_3.jpg

Here's a quick update with bumping the shadows on the rocks and enhancing the ice...thoughts and feedback?

I like the edit. Looks good.

Like the re-edit - good job. :thumbyo: Did you try any enhancement of the colours in the sky?

HITM, I can appreciate not wanting wade into Lake Champlain, but not knowing where you were, I had to make the suggestion. Maybe you need a small boat? :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

I like the edit better, too.

I might be out to lunch since no one else mentioned it, but I think I'd either want the water crisper or smoother. My preference is always smoother in these types of shots...I probably would have stopped down to f/11 and set the shutter at 2 seconds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back