I'd hate to polish this!

tonymp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.le-femme.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spotted this oldie at an American Car enthusiasts meeting in the UK. I'd hate to have clean all that chrome LOL.

Tony

cadillacmono1.jpg

Oh yes, I'd hate to polish this one, too.
Nice find! :D A pity that I'm not a car enthusiast...

I think I can see you in the hood and the bumper. Your bumper "self" suggests you might need to think about slimming a little ;) ??? :greenpbl:
Just joking.

What aperture did you choose?
You got some nice rays off the reflected sun in all that chrome. Speaks for a small aperture (I played with the effect it can create here - just in case you might be interested).

Oh yes, I'd hate to polish this one, too.
Nice find! :D A pity that I'm not a car enthusiast...

I think I can see you in the hood and the bumper. Your bumper "self" suggests you might need to think about slimming a little ;) ??? :greenpbl:
Just joking.

What aperture did you choose?
You got some nice rays off the reflected sun in all that chrome. Speaks for a small aperture (I played with the effect it can create here - just in case you might be interested).

Hi Corinna,
I'll have you know my waistline is exactly the same as it was 25 years ago ( 32 inches ) so if I get much slimmer, I'll have to jump about in the shower just to get wet LOL.

I was passing the meeting and only had about 20 minutes to spare as I had to get to an appointment.

The aperture - I used my trusty old 'pap' lens , the Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 D stopped down to f9 for that shot for the SS I was using - I used the oft' forgotten Sunny 16 Rule for exposure as I'd left my meter in the car and didn't have time to go back for it.
I guessed the exposure was f8 but I invariably stop down an extra 1/3rd of a stop in bright situations like this just to make sure I don't blow the highlights.
The Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 D is one of my favourite lenses, having very little distortion throughout and this shot was taken at a focal length of 20mm.

By the way - just had a look and I really like the 'ray' effects you got in your shots - it's great just what one can do with a simple lens and the sun in the right place. I love the 20-35 when stopped down for that very reason too.
Regards..
Tony

Most reactions

Back