ID help! Unknown insect!

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In case no one looks at my Ohiopyle thread, I'm posting this photo separately. I looked everywhere online, but I couldn't find out what this green bug was. It was eating a fly, so I thought it might be some sort of mantid, but its head isn't the right shape. Any ideas?

1326915404_65a3f01d47_o.jpg

Definatly a nymph assassin/wheel bug, but which one it is difficult to say, they change quite a bit when they get to be adult and are not usually as well classified when nymphs. This one has especially nice colours though, it would be so nice to have these in my garden. Exelent capture too btw.

tim

I just saw a picture of a wheel bug in the Photo Themes forum, so I checked it out. The nymphs are reddish. I'll give the assassin bug a try. Thanks! :)

looks like a walking stick or mantis of some sort. Judging from the larger abdomen I'd say it's a female.

Walkingsticks eat leaves and such. After doing a bit of research into tpe's suggestion, I've decided that it is an assassin bug nymph. I found a few pictures that look similar to it. Thanks for the help! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back