Ideal number of images delivered to clients?

haring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think that delivering a lot of wedding or engagement photos to clients can be overwhelming...How many images do you usually deliver to clients after an engagement session or a wedding?

Are you guys serious? You offer up 100 or so engagement proofs for the couple to purchase? My clients have a hard time choosing between 30 proofs or so. And even then they only purchase maybe 5-6 different poses. They just choose different sizes.

I know people will comment on this saying that it is a bad idea, but I give them all the photos I think are good photos on a DVD. Then I choose the best and put them on a separate DVD which tends to be 500 for a wedding. For an engagement, there tends to be like 25 best shots.

Most people charge extra for rights to all the photos, but I work it in my budget. Some will charge per photo for the rights to use or print, but not all clients are rich.

Everything we do is online proofing.

Engagements: 60-100+
Weddings: 600-800

It really depends on time. If an e-pic session is rockin', then I keep shooting if my schedule permits.

The longer I'm booked for a wedding, the more photographs I take. For 8 hours, I average 685 frames.

I learned from an old-timer that the more frames you shoot, the more prints clients want in their album - which means bigger album sales. However, I discovered that clients can become overwhelmed with too many photographs, and they never get around to ordering an album. The sweet spot I found is around 700.

Everything we do is online proofing.

Engagements: 60-100+
Weddings: 600-800

It really depends on time. If an e-pic session is rockin', then I keep shooting if my schedule permits.

The longer I'm booked for a wedding, the more photographs I take. For 8 hours, I average 685 frames.

I learned from an old-timer that the more frames you shoot, the more prints clients want in their album - which means bigger album sales. However, I discovered that clients can become overwhelmed with too many photographs, and they never get around to ordering an album. The sweet spot I found is around 700.

I definitely concur on about all of this statement. Too much, can be bad, too little may not be enough to make your client happy.

Most reactions

Back