Ideas any one?

ZacKrohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oporange.craized.net
Okey so heres my situation. My Nikon F seems to have a slight problem, The locking mechinism for the lenses doesnt work quite work anymore (some small piece apears to be broken). Its still possible to attach a lense but it is a very difficult processs. I tryed to take it into a local shop and they said no one in the county fixes Fs any more. So I have a 3 part question.
1) does anyone know a place where I can get a repair on the Nikon F?
2) the part that is broken is on the detachable piece with the prism does anyone know where I could replace that?
and
3) if it comes down to it does anyone have good sugestions for cameras (I realy want a Nikon since I have a bunch of Nikor manual lenses)?

-Zac

Check out camerarepair.com

I just sent them 3 of my broken cameras.

There is a little place here in Edmonton, Canada that could possibly repair it. I have heard that they get cameras sent to them from all over western Canada. It's called Classic Camera Exchange.

You are probably better off finding someplace closer to you though.

Here in AZ everyone will tell you to try Tempe Camera but they do sometimes say 'no'. Kelly Camera however will pretty much fix anything. If a part isn't made anymore or is completley unavailable, they make it themselves.

Those are the only two reputable places I've ever heard of or dealt with that back up their work.

thanks alot guys. Mike I will acctually be in Canada for 2 weeks but somehow I dont think they would let me drop in...But I'm sure between the other places I can figure something out

-Zac

Most reactions

Back