Ideas for a series

hotrocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hotrocks22.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I need some ideas for a series for my digital photo class..I don't have a license yet (I'm almost 16) and I live in maryland. I've had lots of ideas, but my teacher wants something with a strong message...I can't think of anything good though.

You don't have a license for what?

How long to you have for the assignment?

Have you thought about shooting the homeless in Maryland? I know there are a bunch there...
Or... Construction, congestion...

I think Hotrocks means he/she doesn't have a driver's license yet. That would probably limit his/her mobility.

Sorry I can't think of any idea's right now, but if I do, I'll post them here.

yeah..no drivers license..and i live in the county..about 30 minutes from baltimore city...so it would be difficult to get city pictues

How long do you have for the assignment?

Do you live in the country, city, suburbs... what?

A series a friend of mine did awhile ago that's always seemed like a cool idea was "A Day In the Life" where you take tons of shots throughout the day so when you view them in series the viewer gets a good feel of what you're day was like. Simple but interesting.

A series a friend of mine did awhile ago that's always seemed like a cool idea was "A Day In the Life" where you take tons of shots throughout the day so when you view them in series the viewer gets a good feel of what you're day was like. Simple but interesting.

This could be a neat idea. Since your teacher wants something strong...do you know anyone that has an interesting or risky job who would allow you to make them your assignment?

how about "Your Street"? Different houses ... different people ... different times of the day ... different looks. People going off to work/school ... kids playing ... pets ... flowers ... et cetera ... easy (but hard to do well), easy to get to.

hmmm maybe....he just wants something with meaning..thats shows something..not just something thats 'interesting'

"Meaning" comes as much from behind the lens as in front ... documenting your street ... a day in your life ... with some thought to the images can be very meaningful ... just as shooting the Iraq War without thought can be meaningless.

Remember that you will get out of photography and life what you put into it ... find a friend of the family or a friend of a friend who has just come back from Iraq or about to leave on a tour. Try to capture images which reflect what he/she and their family is going through.

... on the flip side ... how about documenting the birth of a child ... street racing ... competitive sports (don't do baseball or golf ... something with sweat and pain ... like swimming or soccer or basketball.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back