Ideas for things to photograph?

Cool, you have got me thinking now, especially you, Iron! Stoke on Trent used to be famous for pottery there are a lot of old bottle kilns around They should make good targets and it would be nice to capture them before any more get knocked down!
Definitely going to try the dripping tap idea too, that could make a cool Windows wallpaper!
Cheers,
Brian

If it is raining outside (or dark) just shoot loads of stuff around the home. Odd shapes, flowers anything. This is what I shot tonight.

http://web.mac.com/pcaves/iWeb/Site/House.html

Being new to DSLR myself I just play around with the focussing and see what happens. If the pic turns out bad though don't delete it but see if anything can be salvaged from it using a photo editor. The pictures of my daughter were disasters but with a lot of tweaking and changing one to b/w you can get some results I wouldn't have expected.

i am having the same problem. i live in a small house with a tiny backyard im in your same stuation. what i like to take pictures of is f you have any pets thats always a good thing. i also like t take pictures of leaves or flowers ect. after it has rained. if there is a tree where you live (with leaves) get down on the ground and point up so you get some of the trunk and looking up at the leaves look at some of my pictures to get an idea. i am only a 13 y/o dont judge.
-mackenzie

Hi,

I have been into cameras and photography for years but have only recently brought a DSLR. I want to get more into photography and whilst I have plenty of opportunity to take pics on holiday I am stuck for inspiration when at home.

Does anyone have any good simple ideas of things I could photograph? Obviously their is nature photography but wild animals are a bit scarce round here - I might catch the odd bird if I am lucky!

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I'd suggest women, but you said simple. I'm lost for ideas
lol8.gif

Most cities have a weekly newspaper section with upcoming events like auto rallies, air shows, farmer's markets, open-air art shows, etc.

There's always something going on every weekend that you can go shoot.

Most reactions

Back