Ideas please for a competition

christm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm entering a competition which my school is holding.

There is some stiff competition with several of my friends who are to a similar standard as myself and some better.

The theme is LIGHT. I was thinking Portrait ? Or more accurately, a girl stood up with a blurred background with only half the body showing - other half in shadow ?

Any ideas and tips.

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm entering a competition which my school is holding.

There is some stiff competition with several of my friends who are to a similar standard as myself and some better.

The theme is LIGHT. I was thinking Portrait ? Or more accurately, a girl stood up with a blurred background with only half the body showing - other half in shadow ?

Any ideas and tips.

Thank you

Dosn't sound very original, i will have a think about it

Fish tank filled with water add a little bit of powdered milk (like a pinch) and shine lasers through it until it looks cool.

hmm interesting, It sounds quite cool

thanks for the suggestion

Was there a definition given ,of "light", in respect to this contest?

You could do something a little less literal as to how most people would relate the word "light" to photography. A feather in a wash of harsh side light, with it's shadow being a softened filtered light. If you are shooting with enough light, you might can even drop the feather so that is stays within you DOP and freeze it floating just above the surface, something in a medium tone with a slightly rough texture would add a nice contrast, say the wooden planks of an old porch or similar. Maybe a balloon.
Another direction you could take is the sense of mood, light-hearted. A clown or someone laughing at a friends joke.
Light foods might be another option if you're into still life work, or product photography, nothing says light like a nicely lit bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch LIGHT. LOL

Good luck, I know you'll do great, as you seem to really want to, often that counts more than anything else.

Im liking the baloon idea, and the clown idea. What I could so it mix the two,

Have a person laughing (No clown outfit), and have a baloon in it somehow, as a symbol of happyness or something similar. Im going to play round with it.

Any more suggesitons would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

You can find an older rusty scale, have a gritty look to it, and take a picture of it with a child on, or something small that signifies light.
Do post up your pictures when done!

Oh wow, Thats amazing !

I love it. So i could have a laser pen and make patterns etc ?

Most reactions

Back