Identify the ....I don't know what it is. Dragonfly??

We can't identify it.
There's no photo there...
Myself, I never know the difference between a dragonfly and a damselfly, either, and wouldn't even know WHERE to begin to look for differences. Do dragonflies have four wings? Damselflies only two?

But - without a photo ... no identification at all. By no one... :(

Damselflys fold up their wings at rest & Dragons are spread.

Danselfly

P1030818sm.jpg

Dragonfly

P1040311sm.jpg

Ah :idea: - that's the difference. I never knew. Seems like all we got here are damselflies then. Can't say I've ever seen one with the wings spread, but I must admit (me not being too deeply into macro and so on) that I have not looked very closely as yet.

well, one learns a bit about entomology as well as photography here. Cool:thumbup:

i thought the only difference was that dragonflies can breathe fire.

I dont know what happened with that. Sorry guys.
Anyway here is the photo.
Another problem I can't seem to solve is when I upload an image, the file goes in 7-10 megs large , then when it's uploaded, it becomes like 535K.......a fraction of the size it was when I uploaded.
It loses detail..........and then when you click on it , it blows up to the size of the EIFFEL TOWER, which pisses me off.
Even when you don't click on the photo, when posted on this site is like 4 times as large.

But here is the photo.
dsc28012.jpg

I wouldn't mind Ron or Laphotos critique on this either.
I went for the rule of thirds, shot it at 300mm at f6.3 at 1/400, ISO 400.
Needed the speed because the wind was blowing.
I wanted to get some of Rons Bokeh in there.

The image is sharp as a tack looking at it on windows 7 image viewer.

post it moar bigger

post it moar bigger

Hey I have an Idea.
Why don't people like you get the HELL off this thread...............stop trying to start sh** and go about your own business.

I didn't ask for your critique. I specifically asked for Ron and Laphoto's critique BECAUSE they know how to deal with critique without being an ashhhole.
You and your buddies on the other hand. Not so much.

I come back & see my post is gone??? This happens all to often & is quite irking. Second try -

That is a sharp pic of a Robber-fly, however the background is noisy. You used ISO 400 when you had enough light to shoot @ ISO 200 & still have adequate shutter speed. Try to keep your ISO low to minimize the potential for noise (graininess).

You cry so much.

The image is soft, the stick is blown, could have benefited from a tighter crop, and a portion of your watermark is cut off.

I have no idea who you are, but you have been complaining all around the forum about how mean everyone is to you and all the other "newbs". You seem to take it all too personal, and are having a hard time adjusting to forum life.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

god you act like a ****ing *****.

forum rules are to post pics at a reasonable size. i think they even give you dimensions. you fail at this daily.

cry me a river.

*edit*
quoted from the how to post pictures sticky...
"The maximum size should be no more than 800 pixels wide, and 600 pixels high, in order for it to fit on most screens without having to scroll."
:er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back