Identifying Counterfeit EN-EL15 batteries

kingsgraphic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At the connection end of a genuine EN-EL15 note the small 'A' near the first connector? The third-party and counterfeit batteries do not have that. $Nikon EN-EL15.jpg

Nothing wrong with using 3rd party batteries....but the counterfeit ones are more likely to be sketchy.

Wouldn't third party gear void your warranty?

Genuine Nikon batteries have been incredible for me in terms of performance, and length of service. Simply AMAZINGLY good.

as long you didnt pay 99$ for your counterfeit battery its all good :lol:

From Nikon's warranty - Nikon Digital Imaging Warranty

3. This warranty does not apply to any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the use unauthorized replacement parts and/or service performed by unauthorized personnel.

So...... either 3rd party gear (batteries, lenses, speedlights, filters, etc.) are considered 'replacement parts'............. or I'm not authorized to use them.

From Nikon's warranty - Nikon Digital Imaging Warranty

3. This warranty does not apply to any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the use unauthorized replacement parts and/or service performed by unauthorized personnel.

So...... either 3rd party gear (batteries, lenses, speedlights, filters, etc.) are considered 'replacement parts'............. or I'm not authorized to use them.

yup...as soon as you replace your genuine OEM Nikon camera strap with a third party knockoff like black rapid...you are FUBAR.

yup...as soon as you replace your genuine OEM Nikon camera strap with a third party knockoff like black rapid...you are FUBAR.

Rats. I just KNEW I should have bought a Nikon tripod instead of that cheesy Manfrotto!

Nothing wrong with using 3rd party batteries....but the counterfeit ones are more likely to be sketchy.
What is the difference between 3rd party and counterfeit?

3rd party gear is obviously known to NOT be Nikon-made. Counterfeit gear is made and marketing to make you believe it's OEM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back