"identity"

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by WTF?, Sep 17, 2009.

1. WTF?

WTF? TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i had to take two shots expressing my "identity" for photography at school, i really had no idea what to do but then inspiration hit me when i was fixing my bicycle.
    let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

both taken with with the canon 50mm at 1.8.

2. Goontz

Goontz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like both of these. On number 1, I might leave a little more room to the right side of the palm, it's cropped so close that it almost looks cut off.

3. Canosonic

Canosonic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There is really not much to say. I think the first one is fine, but I don't know what the second one has to do with identity. But I don't have the right to judge.

4. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #2 is a little confusing at first glance, so not sure its something that screams who you are, unless you are a confusing person :)

I much prefer #1. The dirty hand, BW and all is very nice. I agree with having a bit more space beside the hand. I'm also like a slightly sharper wrench. I like the kinda blurryness you have going, gives a nice retro feel (if that was your intent), but I find its a bit much.

If you keep it as is, make sure you explain that this was your intent (again, if it was)

5. WTF?

WTF? TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah i agree with more space next to the hand, it was kinda hard to frame it all perfectly and get it focused spot on because i was holding my hand out infront of the lens while looking through the viewfinder at the same time, and being a 50mm lens, i had to have my hand out like a foot and a half to get everything in, so it was pretty akward, lol.

the second one i took more or less because the assignment required 2 photos and i couldnt really think of anything else, haha. but it kinda works, i ride my bike 20 k's to school every second day and its a pretty crappy road bike from like the 70's or something, but it has its charm so ive become pretty attached to it.