If film gets this easy I might just buy one .. or both of 'em.

The point being ... ?

I think they asked Dr. Frankenstein that same question...

I used a digital camera mounted on the back of a view camera to verify shutter speed accuracy. A bit different because I was checking an unknown factor (shutter speed), where in the post above we probably assume that the Nikon body is working correctly.

Yeah, "why" would be my question, too.

Random thought: it seems really wrong to see someone chimping on an FE.

well Nikon had the idea themselves a few years ago
Nikon patents a digital back for 35mm film SLR cameras | Nikon Rumors

buy an inexpensive film camera
transplate a digital portion on to it
and have some thing that costs more than just buying a digital to start out with.
makes all the sense in the world when you add in the "adventure" aspect to it. LOL
otherwise, it makes no sense.

oh my, where's my flask

Leica actually created and sold a digital back option, as part of the Leicaflex R series of SLR cameras. It was as I recall, a 10-megapixel back. It never was very popular, but then neither was the entire Leicaflex line throughout its entire lifespan. This was the Leica Digital Modul R system from the early 2000's era.

Leica Digital Modul R for the R8 & R9

I see that it was a 10-MP with a 1.37x FOV factor.

Derrel mentioned the exact same thing a couple of days ago ....
Leica actually created and sold a digital back option, as part of the Leicaflex R series of SLR cameras. It was as I recall, a 10-megapixel back. It never was very popular, but then neither was the entire Leicaflex line throughout its entire lifespan. This was the Leica Digital Modul R system from the early 2000's era.

Leica Digital Modul R for the R8 & R9

I see that it was a 10-MP with a 1.37x FOV factor.

Most reactions

Back