If I go with Colorvision Spyder II to calibrate my monitor....

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by kundalini, Nov 10, 2007.

1. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If I go with Colorvision Spyder II to calibrate my monitor, which package do you suggest? Since Big Mike uses it, that's a ringing endorsement. The three I have seen reviews on are the

Express $70USD
    Suite $117USD
    Pro $190

I have one main monitor - LCD and a backup CRT (working, but not in use right now). Although I don't print at home that much, with the holidays coming up, I just might spit out a few as gifts. For printers, I have an HP Officejet and a Deskjet and an Epson lurking around somewhere.

I don't foresee going to a dual monitor setup in the near future.

Suite & Pro include PrintFIX Plus, but the reviews aren't zingers. The question is if the extra $47 is worth upgrading to the Suite or is money better spent to add the extra $73 on top of the Suite to get the Pro?

Thanks.

Any other suggestions on offer?

2. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Go with express. The hardware is the same, and you don't have any need for multiple monitor profiles.

Printing profiles are a whole 'nother ballgame that I wouldn't trust to Spyder.

3. SpeedTrap

SpeedTrap TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yup, I have the Suite and I wish I had just saved the money,
    The print software is nice, but you need to buy additional hardware to do anything very useful with it.
    But I do like the Colorvision Spyder II as a whole, I have been using it for about 4 months now and am happy with it.
    Now if I can only get rid of all my middle grey, Right max.

4. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

5. Holy Ghosted

Holy Ghosted TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ya JIP but things can change in that time and some have like the new spyder 3 is out and may want to be considered over the 2. Although I have only seen the pro 3 for $170 and the elite $280 and may be out of his budget but still options he may want to consider.