If one photo could describe how I feel right now.... (self port)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the above post. its open for interpretation. I know what its supposed to represent, no need to explain :)

this is great. i like the darkness but i think you should lighten it a bit.

trying to get over a fence but its difficult hence the barbed wire, and the tree representing... an obstacle as well? Just a thought

This shot was mainly done for me. I know exactly how I felt when I took it and I know how I felt when i saw the wire and tried to get over it. I like the darkness to it. It adds to the feeling. Thank you though for all the feedback.

Your head is cut off, your foot is cut off... Image is too dark I think. Also you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots.

Your right I dont have to. But I sometimes do. If you dont like, dont look at it. It was about 90 degrees, sorry i wasnt wearing a wool sweater and some jeans. Second of all, I post this with the intent of "venting". I do appreciate the feedback tho, and I find that its easy for people who dont know much about photography to point out the negative and obvious.

I like it. Knowing it describes someone's mood means the picture is "as is," what you see is what you get.

Mya, I love your posts and pics, but really if you put a pic you should expect c&c, right? Although that guy was mighty rude

I do expect C&C and appreciate all the constructive C&C. but it was clear that his post was not constructive. I find that people who are new to photography can really only find 2 points to gripe about: 1. Exposure and 2. limbs being cut off ( i should add in what the 'model" is wearing). when those are the only thing someone can point out, it gives them away as someone who knows little about photography because those are the obvious. And I should clarify, it does not matter whether you know a lot or not. But when you try and act like a big shot smart a$$, thats what bothers me.

Is this one of my better photos? No. But it reflected a mood I was in, which was "pissed off, sad, and i felt like I was trapped and trying to overcome something that was hard to get over. In a tough situation.". That is the reason for this pic. As for the "cut off my head" I wanted the emotion to be driven from everywhere else, (I rarely let people see me cry.)

Well I liked it because for the life of me I couldnt figure out what it was. But I liked the feeling like you were climbing out of the bushes. And I agree, that C&C was out to hurt you not give helpful info. But I hate that "I was posting a photo but not looking for C&C argument". But I understand.

I find that people who are new to photography can really only find 2 points to gripe about: 1. Exposure and 2. limbs being cut off ( i should add in what the 'model" is wearing). when those are the only thing someone can point out, it gives them away as someone who knows little about photography because those are the obvious. And I should clarify, it does not matter whether you know a lot or not. But when you try and act like a big shot smart a$$, thats what bothers me.

Wow... I don't wanna start an arguement here... but you're kind of forcing me to... So you're saying, just because I pointed out those, as you say obvious things, I'm new to photography, I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm a "big shot smart a$$"? I liked some of your photos, some of them (like this one) not so much. As far as I recall, in almost all of your photos you're pretty much naked. Now to me, I don't know if that's "talent" or just trying to show off your body (cuz that's the impression I'm getting every time).

Also, by saying that I don't know photography because "I stated the obvious", to me, it sounds like you're the "big shot smart a$$" as you say, because you know everything, and I don't know anything. You're the professional, and I'm not... You gotta understand that if you post photos on here, there will be positive and negative comments. And from the previous posts I've noticed that you only seem to reply to positive comments. You gotta learn to accept the negative comments too... but it doesn't matter... I don't know what I'm talking about...

Honestly at first I was like "dude this lady is just too in love with herself" but as I saw more of your work I started to get the feeling that you are very creative and instead of finding a model and trying to get her to understand your vision, you are just trying it out on yourself. If I was even slightly photogenic, I would do it myself. Sadly, I am best left behind the camera LOL. Anyways, I think you should just ignore attacks.

Mya, I love it. I can feel pain and energy from it. Hope of breaking through, fear you won't. I really do like it. I think I might add some grain to it if it were me, really make it gritty, you know? But very well done. Ignore the troll. We know you have artistic vision, not a need for people to see your body. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back