If one photo could describe how I feel right now.... (self port)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, after reading this again. It makes me want to leave the forum. I had such a horrible day, went for a walk with my camera and took a stupid photo. Now its turned into this whole ordeal and made me a little discouraged and reclusive. I will never apologize for any of my photos.

I think I will be thinking twice about posting. The people who do truly like my work, know why I do it, and would like to see more, they know where to find my photos.

Take a pill, Mya. :er:

Not everyone is going to like your photos but so what? As long as YOU like them, then who gives a flying F what anyone else thinks? It's the right of the photographer not to give a crap when someone tells you they don't like your work.

From now on, no one make any brash comments towards Mya's photos. She'll just whine and tell you you're an amateur and obviously know nothing about photography. We should all be so lucky to take photos like hers.

Mya, you're picture is 100% perfect and no one will ever take a better photo...ever.

I'm done with this thread - I suggest you move on too.

Wow, after reading this again. It makes me want to leave the forum. I had such a horrible day, went for a walk with my camera and took a stupid photo. Now its turned into this whole ordeal and made me a little discouraged and reclusive. I will never apologize for any of my photos.

I think I will be thinking twice about posting. The people who do truly like my work, know why I do it, and would like to see more, they know where to find my photos.

Mya,

You try things, and that's how visions become what they are.

Be true to yourself and your vision. That's where the satisfaction lies. Look at the ones without it, you can see how dissatisfied they are. They can't find their way. You are an artist. Continue to follow your path. Keep posting.

I very rarely look in this section. But, when I see your name at the top, I look. I know I'll see something original. Good work.

New to this forum, but on a lot others forums. There's always going to be someone that's going to keyboard cowboy.....Take it with a grain of salt.

As for the picture (yes, I'm relatively new at photography), I like it alot.

I see a troubling hurdle that is/must be crossed even though it may be painful, and the unknown that may be on the other side of the obstacle. The photo shows fear, unknown, certain pain.

Even though I may be way off, that's what I take from it.

don't change a thing!!!!

I have always enjoyed seeing your work. In the relatively short time I have bee on this forum, I have witnessed you grow artistically and breaking barriers that others haven't any concept of the "how to's" or the "what for's".

There is any emotional qualifier in all the photos I have seen you post here. This project is no exception. I agree with abraxas for you to keep posting. If not, I have your other spots bookmarked. :biggrin:

I do not know why people discuss the offensiveness of certain posts here .. I thought mine was the most offensive comment ;)

As for some other people not liking what you usually post, since your model might be too sexy or whatever, why should you care? There are always people who have a different taste or come from different backgrounds.

So, just stay and be happy :) I usually like some of your images.

First of all, some people on here are rude. Plain and simple. Some people are so pompous and self absorbed and think they are "so cool and so important and that they simply dont have time to study a photo and give constructive, well thought out comments so they simply must leave a brief sh*tty response. Because the fact that I dont like it, is so important." if you cant leave something worth while. Dont bother.

Ok, this will be my last post re: this particular photo and you...

So what you're saying is, you post a photo on here, you ask for C&C and all you're expecting is POSITIVE comments? That's what C&C is, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE comments. And to say that people on here are rude, by you saying the above statement, it DOES NOT MAKE YOU any better. You can't take NEGATIVE comments and you start flipping out. You say " if you can't leave something worth while, don't bother"... Then don't ask us to give you C&C! Think about it... :er:

"Some people are pompous and self absorbed"? <-- lol am I the one posting photos of myself all the time? I rest my case.

Ok, this will be my last post re: this particular photo and you...

So what you're saying is, you post a photo on here, you ask for C&C and all you're expecting is POSITIVE comments? That's what C&C is, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE comments. And to say that people on here are rude, by you saying the above statement, it DOES NOT MAKE YOU any better. You can't take NEGATIVE comments and you start flipping out. You say " if you can't leave something worth while, don't bother"... Then don't ask us to give you C&C! Think about it... :er:

i think you two just have different ideas as in how to phrase negative comments. some people just ain't a good fit there. so just stay away from each other and all will be fine :)

Must admit, I thought it would be more than a week before The Whining Forum needed to open its doors again... :er:

The person who intentionally derailed this thread, who has now become the focus of it, called the original poster "self absorbed". Talk about irony!

I thought we were all here to talk about photos. It will never cease to amaze me how internet forums work.

Well i'v read enough of this thread.... no reason to keep the topic running.

To the OP, stick with it and try and not let other people get you down, everything you post and recieve comments for, makes you a better photographer. Just roll with it and continue to do what you enjoy, its the only way you will be determined enough to do better.

niforpix, its maybe not even what you said but the way you said it... if you are short with people, people are short with you. If you want to continue giving crits, please try and articulate yourself better in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back