If you could go anywhere.......

joeamy05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you could go anywhere (in the continental U.S.) to shoot, where would it be, any certain time of year and why would you pick that area?

I ask, because my sister and I are thinking of taking a trip together to do some shooting together. (She is in Atlanta, I am in St. Louis)

Thanks.

Whatever blows your whistle. Personally, I enjoy landscapes and nature, then again, architecture is something I would like to learn. I just wondered what everyone's dream trip might be.

Tombstone, AZ.

Don't ask. I have issues.

I live in Alaska, and if you've never been here before, you will never be out of subjects to shoot.

Whoops, just saw you said continental US. The Sierra Nevada mountains have always been one of my favorite places. Near Donner Pass, Lake Tahoe, etc. While you're there, go play Ansel Adams and visit Yosemite.

I'v decided to go to europe and take pics of the sun setting behind the mountains. I'm leaving this wednesday for 3 weeks! WOOOOOOOOT. I know its a little passed your boarders, but I hope it will be well worth it.

Spent summers in Willow springs,Mo. live now in ALT.Grew up in Miami,Fla...
and would love to go back to San Francisco to shoot,especially Murr woods
Maui is the best place ever though,where ever you go I'm sure it will be a great adventure......Have fun

Spent summers in Willow springs,Mo. live now in ALT.Grew up in Miami,Fla...
and would love to go back to San Francisco to shoot,especially Murr woods
Maui is the best place ever though,where ever you go I'm sure it will be a great adventure......Have fun
I live in Missouri, this Willow Springs place you talk of is there some nice spots there? If so sound like a good one day get away, with some photo buddies.
I would love to go back to Seattle, WA or back to the Grand Canyon. I was either to young or didn't care enough about photography to take those places for there full beauty, i would like a second try.

My favorite subject is mostly wildlife, birds in particular. I would have to say southern Florida...down in the Everglades/Okeechobee area.

Sorry if this is a thread hyjack.....Willow springs is in south central Mo.close to popular bluff....look for Blue Buck national Forrest,this aria is in the Ozarks many photo ops,of wild life,rivers and mountains,However,anywhere there is a bug,flower or waterfall,is a good time for me...lol

Just get on the road and when you get to an intersection, flip a coin. If you have no preconceived ideas of what you want to shoot and you keep your eyes open, you will find subject matter everywhere.

Glacier National Park in NW Montana. Most magnificent scenery I've ever seen.

San Francisco. The Paris of North America.

Definitely SAN FRANCISCO and north. The "City" has it all: Painted ladies (Victorian houses), classical civic architecture, great museums where you can shoot paintings (without flash). In Golden Gate Park you'll find landscapes, water scenes, the Conservatory (Old Victorian bldg. with fantastic flora), The Japanese Tea Gardens, windmills, Lands end for ocean, cliffs, Golden Gate Bridge views. Just walking around neighborhoods (great mom & pop restaurants), Union square. The magnificent restaurant at the top of Neiman Marcus with the 50 foot oval leaded glass dome. The same at the Palace Hotel. Night time city scapes from Diamond Heights or Twin Peaks. Generally, the widest variety of photo opportunities you can think of. Take a ferry ride over to Sausalito and walk around and shoot the town and marina. Or drive North across the GG Bridge and travel up hwy. One and shoot the most beautiful coastline you've ever seen. Have lunch in Bodega Bay and turn inland and go toward Guerneville to shoot the redwoods and the wine country (you can do it as a day trip, but if you're on vacation, take two). If you want to keep going, you can go up to Sacramento and shoot the Delta, then on to Reno (great snow scenes in winter). The City is crammed with tourists in the summer, so fall might be best. Take warm clothes as San Francisco can be cold in the summer and fall. Check out the Corbis web web site (it's a photo service) and enter some of the things I've mentioned and see for yourself. Other than that, Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria in British Columbia.

Where ever you decide to go, have a great time and take extra batteries and large capacity memory cards.

Tom Beard

Last edited:
Too many choices. The Rockies, desert southwest, Big Bend Natl. Park are my choices for landscapes/wildlife. New York, Philadelphia, San Fran, Miami for architecture/city (different type of wildlife :D).

Most reactions

Back