If you could have any lens, what would it be?

I would reaaaaally like a Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 ZE Distagon or a ZE 50mm f/2 Makro Planar

Ya some of the Zeiss lenses look super sweet.

Too bad they are so expensive though.

Actually they are similarly priced to Canon's L lenses. Heck your 70-200 2.8L II IS is more expensive than the 21 Distagon.

Ya I guess they arent really that expensive all things considered.

I think the 100mm f/2 would be nice too...

i would be really happy to own the nikons trinity.

someday

someday

I know this is probably a noob question, but what lenses are those lol. :lol:

Would certainly love a new 400mm f/2.8L IS II.

I just cant wait for the reviews to come out, so we can see just how sharp this baby is.

I suspect it will be out of this world image quality. :mrgreen:

someday

Nikon's "Holy Trinity" of f/2.8 zoom lenses.

14-24
24-70
70-200

Not sure where the term originated. I guess it's message board speak with little to no real world significance. But I could be mistaken... of course.

I think the holy trinity originated on the Photography On the Net boards (canon home base ;)) so in theory there isn't a Nikon Holy Trinity - a cursed brotherhood maybe...

someday

14-24
24-70
70-200

Not sure where the term originated. I guess it's message board speak with little to no real world significance. But I could be mistaken... of course.

+1

with a 85mm 1.4 :D

14-24
24-70
70-200

780445276_5vAcs-XL.jpg

:D

I'm pretty happy with my Canon 24-70 f2.8, and 70-200 f2.8, I rarely need more reach than the 200mm on a full frame, so I'm going to go with a Horseman LD View Camera for Canon EOS, I shoot mostly commercial, and tilt-shift movements would be very handy for silver, mirrors, interiors and a lot of other things.

I was going to say Leica 50mm f/0.95 noctilux but I keep looking at the samples online and I can't get over the fact that it seems to have lost a little bit of the character from the previous generations. I guess its too corrected and the "imperfections" gave it a different "look." It looks so much like the latest 50mm Summilux f/1.4 Asph. I also already have the 50mm f/1 previous version.

With that... I think I would go with a 35mm Summilux f/1.4 Asph in chrome finish. Its a lot more compact, a lot less money than the Noctilux Asph, shorter focus throw, I tend to use the 35mm focal length a lot more, and weights a fraction of the Noctilux. My local camera shop has one used in exec condition... that keeps calling out to me. IT is new for $3700 its more than I paid for my noctilux... (and out of my price range) go figure..

The new Noctilux at $10.5k seems obscenely expensive even by Leica's standards.

I'll take a Canon 50mm (LTM) f.95

Nice one... used to have a member here with one. Some like it.. some don't

It was actually with a mount specific to Canon Rangefinder 7. You'll have to have it converted (which isn't cheap either). Usually people converted it to the M-mount.

I'd like to have the lens (and filter) Ansel Adams used to shoot MONOLITH with.

If you're just talking about one lens why not one with some historical significance?

How about some of the Apollo mission lenses??? Like "first lens to shoot a photo of a man on the lunar surface." That'd be cool.

There are so,so many cool lenses available these days. If I had an unlimited budget I'd probably own a whole slew of oddball lenses, like the 125mm APO-Lanthar, 58mm f/1.2 Noct~NIKKOR, the 35/1.4 Asph Summilux AND a shiny new M9 to pop it on...a Nikon 200-400 AF-S VR-G, and on and on and on...I wish the prices on Leica gear would take a huge dump, and drop to Bronica-like levels, but that'll never happen...

I would consider the 35/1.4 Summilux an oddball.. after all it is widely available, new and nothing oddball about 35mm nor the f/1.4 aperture.

Yeh... prices are too high.. but the USD isn't strong these days. I'm happy with my "cheapy" Leica lenses...

Most reactions

Back