if you could have any tool for photographer on your phone...

photogar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My son is learning how to program apps for iphone and samsung phones. Because photography is strong in our family, he wants to make a photography related app for his class.

But we're having trouble coming up with something unique that isn't already out there. There are already things like dof calculators, exposure calculators, photo editing tools, and stuff for phones.

So the question is, can YOU think of something that would be really useful to have on your phone for photography? Whether it be a tool for calculations, a tool to help in the photo taking process, or even something to help with planning for sessions... What would you like to see?

As a bonus, if he's able to make it and if it helps him pass the class he will send the app to anyone here that wants it. It will be for iphone only.

I'll give you an idea, but I'd like a 50% stake in the profits.

And a 7% royalty on each sold!! Says Mr. Wonderful lol!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I'd really like an app that will inform me where the best photos are, and when. If I'm in the area, it will alert me with a notification and say something like, "Hey, dummy! Turn around! There's a rainbow!" or "Take the path to your left.... there's more wildlife that way!".

Seriously, I'd like to see an app that will tell me now many stops difference there is between ISO 100 ; f/6.3 ; 1/640 sec and ISO 500, f/4.5 ; 1/45 sec.

I'd really like an app that will inform me where the best photos are, and when. If I'm in the area, it will alert me with a notification and say something like, "Hey, dummy! Turn around! There's a rainbow!"

Sparky you should check out Skyfire....should be launching next week. ;)

Sparky you should check out Skyfire....should be launching next week. ;)

What does watching videos on my phone have to do with this vision for an app?

a DOF calculator that can actually visually measure subjects distances and represent, on-screen, where the fall-off is.

I googled skyfire. Not skyfireapp.

Silly me.

Last edited:
I wanna see some kind of a variant of "Tinder for Nikon", you know, so my camera can find nearby lenses that it can mount and couple with... :1219:

iPhone are you discriminating against Android ?

I would love my Samsung to be able to shoot in RAW!!!

I'd love to find an app that let me properly control the shutter speed on my phone. The last one I got claimed to but the shortest exposure you could manual input was 0.1 sec

Most reactions

Back