If you could have one photography super power

Only one super power...what would you choose? None would be transferable/sell-able ever.

• The absolute eye for composition, award winning scenes and angles wouldn't go unnoticed

• The perfect steady IS/VR hands, you would be able to handhold a long exposure while in a boat

• Perfect MF, you could manual focus anything instantly and get tack sharp at any light or aperture.

• Perfect metering, you would always know the exact settings that would give the best possible result

• Perfect sports camera body (only work in your hands), perfect at all ISOs up to 4 million. 100fps

• Ultimate lens (only work in your hands), 10-1000mm F/1.0 Pancake, ultra light, IS/VR, weather proof.

• Magical gear pocket (only you could use), take all your gear without any size/weight/safety concerns

• Stealth, you would be able to take photos unnoticed anywhere. The magic would make people unaware.

• Photoshop god. Be so skilled you can do anything on PS, even fix dark/shaken/out of focus photos

Results are only viewable after voting.
Composition. Ultimately, that's what it comes down to for me. I could have perfect exposure, tack sharp focus (which is something that isn't exactly a priority for me anyway), stealthy, lightweight gear, even perfect "golden hour" lighting, and yadda yadda yadda, none of that matters without being able to see the picture that you want to take. On the other hand, you can have a technically-inferior shot that is memorable and timeless if you have the right eye for composition and are able to tell your story through that composition.

The other choices are skills that I could practice and become expert in, or gear that may or may not help me accomplish my goal. But composition...yes, it can be learned, but to go beyond the textbook rules and find the shot that is composed perfectly even if it breaks all the rules? That's a talent, not just a skill, and I'm not convinced it can be learned. I think you have it or you don't.

Get paid (well) to shoot photos.

If I was allowed to choose such a power, it would be the unsurpassable sense of timing.

Marketing genius. So that each and every one of my photographs would sell for a minimum of $50,000.

The ability to control dynamic range in poor conditions.

I really wish I was as steady with the camera in my hands as I was 30 years ago.....I would love to be able to nail focus like I did back then.....

...was torn between magical gear pocket,and ,perfect sports camera.....went with sport camera as low light is still a major struggle,over draggin' that heavy backpack that Pmedic sent me,and I filled......lol

These skills mean nothing if your end-results still suck.

Can't there be a "perfect photo every-time" choice? I Choose that.

Wow.. wouldn't take any of those actually. Me? I'd go for super illumination. Give me the power to get the perfect lighting on every shot with no accessories needed.

That and a sammich would be nice. But I'd settle for just the super light power.

I always daydream about having telekinesis so I could move my camera into compositions that I can see in my mind but are impossible in reality.

It's not a specific photography superpower. I just fantasize about it...a lot...Heh.

Composition was very tempting but if I was never to miss the ideal angle for every possible super shot I'd never get anywhere :)
Many of the options reduce the challenge of photography, which would probably make it less interesting for me this basically leaves a choice between the gear pocket & the ultimate lens, with the gear pocket I'd always be changing lenses so the ultimate lens for me. Assuming of course that it's IQ is good enough, it can cope with the extended range of wavelengths I often shoot in and it can focus close enough for the macro stuff...

Most reactions

Back