If you could shoot any place, thing or person, what would it be?

ideally: New York, Europe (anywhere in there really... i guess Italy?) still life art photo used to be my thing. but i'm really enjoying event and portraiture lately.

I would like 3 months off to photograph circus folk. The three ring circus (not including Vegas and or Ringling Bros and Barnum Bailey) is all but gone. It will go deep of course. Then Aperture will publish it as a best selling coffee table book.

This is an easy one. Without a doubt my dream for many years has been to shoot whales. We don't see many of them here in farm country.

Canadian Rockies. Went to Wyoming, to the Grand Tetons, and I overheard someone say, standing there in the most beautiful place out of all I've visited, "The Canadian Rockies are the most beautiful thing on earth. If you haven't been, you've got to go."

Wow. I figure if you can say that standing in Wyoming, then they must be pretty spectacular.

I'd just like to learn to take pictures correctly without many mess ups. I've done a photo shoot for a friend of mine, some turned out alright the rest were blurry, now we have to do the shoot all over again. This time I'll be using my Chinon instead of my digi cam. :D

Tough decision. I really enjoyed Scotland and missed a lot of really good architecture shots from the University of Glasgow (shoulda skipped that second day in Edinburgh) but I have always wanted to see Italy. Both cities and countryside. One of these days maybe.

I like to photo Easter Island, The Avro Vulcan XH558 in flight and more Otters, maybe Sea Otters, Yeah Sea Otters

without a dought in my mind buenos aires argentina i love it there so much variety and interesting things

I am a huge admirer of Sebastiao Selgado, and would love to just pick up and go shoot. He's gone to shoot people under the most extreme working conditions, and I would very much like to shoot that, too.

His site

The next place I'm planning a trip to is an abandonded industrial strip mine in the former East Germany in the Lausitz. The massive old machinery is still sitting there.

Alaska.
The sinkholes in the Yucatan Peninsula... with the right equipment! I was there once but I only had a disposable waterproof camera which was definitely not up to the task.

Most reactions

Back