If you could shoot any place, thing or person, what would it be?

I would love to go to England then France onward to Belgium then Germany retracing the steps of troops in World War II. I would like to documenting all of the fortifications along with towns creating very in depth historical record before everything lost to time and Mother Nature.

sports photography. Baseball mainly, but Football (either soccer or american football) and basketball. Motorsports would be fun too, particularly nascar and F1.

I would love to shoot a Formula 1 race. Just spent the last two days at the local race track shooting motorcycles(tough when you're just a few feet away and using a 70-200) and it made me want to shoot F1 even more.

Hmm, I shoot models, so the nudes thing gets old.. LOL

I think I would like to shoot on the Galapagos Island's!

Chris

Hey...just ran across your comments via another thread which led me to this...
I am a huge admirer of Sebastiao Selgado....
Me too!

The next place I'm planning a trip to is an abandonded industrial strip mine in the former East Germany in the Lausitz. The massive old machinery is still sitting there.
But, I had to smile when I saw this ^
I´ve been working on the landscapes there for several years!

For me, Australia, just about every kind of deversity you can name, from beachs to deserts, to mountains, now I hear the have hobits, would make a nice pic.

I would like to follow around Thich Nhat Hahn, or H.H. the Dali Lama and take pictures of them.

Besides that Underwater photography would be my TOP pic, if I had the money. I have been diving since I was just a little kid, and I love the ocean. I would specialize in shark photography, as they are the most facinating creatures on earth!!!!!! :)

for starters:

Seychelles
NZ (wonder what Vonnagy is up to these days)
Kathmandu
Adu Dhabi and Dubai (I did part of my schooling and was briefly employed here. But the landscape is changing by the minute)
Iceland
Kashmir
A train journey from Kashmir to Kanyakumari
Ibiza
Vienna
Couple of months with 'Doctors Without Borders'

I'd prefer at least a 2-month stay at each destination.

I would like to take the ultimate shot that would give everyone vertigo just looking at it...a wide angle shot looking almost straight down with great composition and lots of verticals. Came close at age 12, shooting 500 feet straight down off a swinging suspension bridge over a canyon and at 28 hanging out of an open cockpit.

skieur

but I love beautiful landscapes
Wow, that is a tough question. There are so many places I haven't seen here in the USA, I don't think I can answer that :)

Living here in New England I'm blessed with covered bridges, autumn foliage, Mt. Washington and the rest of the White Mountain area.

But, I really have been blessed these past couple years with driving from here to Moab, Utah. Lots of driving, basically non-stop except for fuel. Getting into Colorado and driving for a bit you go from flat, flat, flat landscapes to the Rocky Mountains. My favorite part of that trip is heading through the Eisenhower Pass. From there all the way to Utah is incredible and very photogenic. Utah itself is just amazing with those rock formations and never-ending blue skies. It's so different from here in New England. There are so many other states I would love to spend time in taking pictures. Wyoming, the Dakotas, New Mexico, Arizona, more of Colorado, etc.
Too many places I could call my favorite :wink:

I'd love to go to India and shoot both the people and the beautiful old architecture.

I'd like to shoot bin Laden. I'd like to photograph U2 & me hanging out at a pub in Ireland together.

Me....probably a person of my choosing in a studio with a single softbox and a single hard source.

Most reactions

Back