"If You Don't Like It, Don't Look!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men are so sexist and selfish.

Umm....no, not really. But you clearly have issues.

I clearly have issues with people who one day celebrate in a thread announcing the allowance of nudity in the forum. And during the same day members questioning why a 'fake dead body' is considered offensive. Yes, I do have issues when these same people attack breastfeeding women. I take it personally. If I don't want to see some fake dead, bloody woman on the forum I won't click, I won't post on how offended I am (if I was). Why should you have the right to tell me I am admittedly selfish for not covering up as I nurse my child. Suck it up, admit your wrong. Its not about me, or you, its about babies, and babies need to eat.

Ladies,

I actually agree with your side of this debate, however some of the last few posts are crossing the line and do nothing to further your arguments. Comments like "Men are sexist and selfish", and the jealousy and stupidity comments are attacks and plain simple Male bashing. Your rights should not be ignored, but nor should everyone elses.

We as breastfeeding women are being singled out by 'some' men on this forum. We are being called selfish, and our actions vulgar. We have every right to be be pissed, and any man with a wife (mother) should be just as offended as we are. We selflessly give our bodies to our children so they can grow strong (emotionally and physically) and this is the treatment we get.

I agree you should defend yourself if you feel slighted. How does calling me stupid, selfish and sexist help your cause? (And yes those comments were directed at EVERY man. (or men from this site) Being a man and on this site they were directed at me. It was Male bashing. Just like you would not want Men to generalize and say "women cant drive" or "women are weak" etc.. (Statements I do not agree with, just making a point) nor should we have to tolerate being cast all together and denigrated as a group. Again. I support breast feeding in public, just suggested you (and some other ladies) should reconsider some statements made.

Ladies,

I actually agree with your side of this debate, however some of the last few posts are crossing the line and do nothing to further your arguments. Comments like "Men are sexist and selfish", and the jealousy and stupidity comments are attacks and plain simple Male bashing. Your rights should not be ignored, but nor should everyone elses.

We as breastfeeding women are being singled out by 'some' men on this forum. We are being called selfish, and our actions vulgar. We have every right to be be pissed, and any man with a wife (mother) should be just as offended as we are. We selflessly give our bodies to our children so they can grow strong (emotionally and physically) and this is the treatment we get.

I agree you should defend yourself if you feel slighted. How does calling me stupid, selfish and sexist help your cause? (And yes those comments were directed at EVERY man. (or men from this site) Being a man and on this site they were directed at me. It was Male bashing. Just like you would not want Men to generalize and say "women cant drive" or "women are weak" etc.. (Statements I do not agree with, just making a point) nor should we have to tolerate being cast all together and denigrated as a group. Again. I support breast feeding in public, just suggested you (and some other ladies) should reconsider some statements made.

Obviously my comments were made to (and about) the men/people who are taking offense to breastfeeding (publicly). Those same men have been known to time and again post sexual comments about women in photos. So obviously they really don't have an issue with seeing boobs. They have an issue with boobs feeding babies.

I can think of hundreds of sexual comments made here. Off the top of my head, one photo of a womans lips taken from a car behind her was sexulaized...seriously, sex is all over this forum. I KNOW they don't have issues with seeing boobs. Sorry for generalizing, next time I will list names :D

I suppose I could dig through my diaper bag and try to find my cover (if I remembered to bring it). Put it on and get baby latched while standing in the checkout line trying to pay without slowing down other people behind me. WHILE trying to keep my 2 year old from grabbing candy off the shelfs (even though she is in the shopping basket strapped in). While holding said (hungry) baby....sure, I'll get right on that for you.

or...I could grab screaming baby, stick him on the boob and be out of the store in 3 minutes leaving the easily offended shoppers to finish without the background noise of my kids hungry/frustrated/mad cries

Wow, seriously!!! I am so sad to hear you guys talk like this :( I mean come on, this forum is the one that got all excited about the new nutity section, no?? I breastfed my daughter for 15 months and am currently breastfeeding my 9 month son. I am sure that most of Austin has seen my boobs. Yes, I feed my kid when he is hungry. I take my boob out of my shirt where ever I am and feed him. I do not use a cover, its already 95 degrees here. Plus, using a cover is a PITA. Being offended by that is offensive. Boobs are made to feed babies. The human race wouldn't be in existance without breasts. Sheesh people. Get over it! I feel offended when I see a sweet newborn baby sitting in a bouncer seat with a bottle shoved in her mouth. Babies deserve the loving connection of breastfeeding, not to mention the health benifits. Babies crave the boob, they are born to find the boob! Within minutes of birth if placed on the mothers tummy they will wiggle themselves up to the boob all on their own. So yes, I get saddened (not 'offended') by seeing babies be bottlefed, but I would never say anything to a bottle feeding mother. Feeding our children is our business. Whether its via bottle, boob, or mcdonalds. Breastfeeding should be celebrated, photographed, and normalized.

Well, and there you have it.

I mean ... you pretty claearly stated that you can't be bothered to cover up or move off to a more discreet location. The people around you will just have to deal with it. You're calling others selfish in your remarks, and yet your own remarks seem pretty selfish if you ask me.

Meanwhile, you villainize anyone else who would dare suggest you do otherwise.

Bitter, I think you have your answer.

Look its not like breastfeeding women just love to whip it out. I would love if my baby only needed to eat when I was near a nice comfy chair, where it was quiet and I could sit and feed my baby. But babies need to eat, and sometimes they need to eat (or poop, or cry, or burp, or puke) at less than convenient times. Its not like I look forward to breastfeeding when I am in less than ideal circumstances. Seriously, how offensive is it seeing a baby nurse? Really, its offensive? I find it offensive seeing news stories about toddlers being raped or their eyes being cut out in other countries. Seems american men are easily 'offended'. I am not 'villianizing' others, simply saying that you should stfu about it. We are feeding our kids. It is our jobs to make sure our babies are fed and happy and if you have a problem because you got a glimpse of boob skin while I was trying to comfort my crying (infant) son then get over yourself. You BEST not approach ME about it, I will throw a sh*t fit.

You assume to much. WAY too much.

But then, that's the hallmark of your kind of argument isn't it?

Did I ever say what my position was on it? Did I ever say I had a problem with it? pfft. Hell no.

I tell ya what... next time you're standing right behind me in line and I have to fart, I'm going to cut it loose. I won't hold it in or wait a couple moments, I'm just gonna haul off and let 'er fly. After all... it's PERFECTLY natural, it's TOTALLY legal, and if anyone has a problem with it then they just have a problem with my digestive rights.

Sounds ridiculous?

Yes, well so does what you're saying.

I have children. Two of them. When they were babies, they got hungry and screamed like banshees just as any other child does. I didn't pull out a bottle in the middle of the check out line and start feeding them, so I see no reason why you have to breast feed them right there either. You do? Fine. I think you're being silly, but whatever works for you.

No one is supressing your rights or asking you to do anything unreasonable. Hell, I frankly don't even personally care if you cover up or not. Want to show me your breasts? GO FOR IT. I like breasts. Breasts are awesome.

Anyway, this whole this is aaaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely ridiculous. You can continue to pound your fists on the desk at someone else.

Bye!

Trever1t said:
no, I think if we are going to discuss the breast feeding issue here we need to remember it was a PHOTO of a woman breastfeeding that caused a WOMAN to critique with such ferver. No man was complaining. A woman complained that a man took a photo. Let's get real and back to basics.

Real and back to basics. It did start out that way but the woman in the picture was eventually called a "roaming milk machine". And some were amazed that she did it right there and blah blah blah. This thread was based on a comment I made pertaining to breastfeeding in public. In the OP it was brought into question about dealing with public decency. It is indecent (legally indecent) to walk around with ass or dick hanging out. It is not illegal to walk around with a boob out feeding a child. It is also indecent (legally) for females to walk around topless. But since females were created with boobs to feed our children it is not indecent nor illegal. Know the definition of mammal?? We aren't the only species to nourish our young with our mammary glands but we are the only species who look down on it or want it hidden from view.

I do agree women should try to be considerate of others but I bet you don't want to hear a screaming baby either. It's a no win situation.

Names are not needed, but words like "Some" or "The ones that....." or even "Many" indicate you are not targetting everyone. Of course specific names would certainly make it clear, however I get the feeling that would take you too long to type. :lol:

Ladies,

if my comments were directed at EVERY man, i would have made that clear. if you read back, i clarified to say SOME, or MOST, but never all.

Yup, there is no ecaping the joy that (some) men on this site have when it comes to womens boobs and nudity. Maybe the issue is that when a baby is being nursed they want to look, but can't because the lustful side of the brain is wanting to do the staring and staring is not allowed. So a cover up works and the world is a better place.

I tell ya what... next time you're standing right behind me in line and I have to fart, I'm going to cut it loose. I won't hold it in or wait a couple moments, I'm just gonna haul off and let 'er fly. After all... it's PERFECTLY natural, it's TOTALLY legal, and if anyone has a problem with it then they just have a problem with my digestive rights.

Sounds ridiculous?

Yes, well so does what you're saying.

I have children. Two of them. When they were babies, they got hungry and screamed like banshees just as any other child does. I didn't pull out a bottle in the middle of the check out line and start feeding them, so I see no reason why you have to breast feed them right there either. You do? Fine. I think you're being silly, but whatever works for you.

No one is supressing your rights or asking you to do anything unreasonable. Hell, I frankly don't even personally care if you cover up or not. Want to show me your breasts? GO FOR IT. I like breasts. Breasts are awesome.

Anyway, this whole this is aaaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely ridiculous. You can continue to pound your fists on the desk at someone else.

Bye!

No it doesn't sound rediculous. I wouldn't say anything to you. I would just think in my head 'that was gross/weird, or he must have gas'. I would no way go on a public forum blabbing on about how I can't believe he did that or how offended I was to see/hear/smell someone do that.

Anyway as you said yourself you fed your babies bottles, you knew how much they ate and when they would need to eat again. Breastfeeding isn't like that. We have no way of knowing how much our babies eat so if they are hungry, we feed. I'm not even going to go into the proven statics about how a rise in cortisol levels (from being allowed to cry) affects brain growth/development and future stress levels. If my baby is hungry I will feed him. I prefer not to 'teach' my infant son a 'lesson' in patience...one that he would never understand since babies live in the NOW. My two year old, yes she can wait, a baby....no.

Last edited:
Trever1t said:
no, I think if we are going to discuss the breast feeding issue here we need to remember it was a PHOTO of a woman breastfeeding that caused a WOMAN to critique with such ferver. No man was complaining. A woman complained that a man took a photo. Let's get real and back to basics.

Real and back to basics. It did start out that way but the woman in the picture was eventually called a "roaming milk machine". And some were amazed that she did it right there and blah blah blah. This thread was based on a comment I made pertaining to breastfeeding in public. In the OP it was brought into question about dealing with public decency. It is indecent (legally indecent) to walk around with ass or dick hanging out. It is not illegal to walk around with a boob out feeding a child. It is also indecent (legally) for females to walk around topless. But since females were created with boobs to feed our children it is not indecent nor illegal. Know the definition of mammal?? We aren't the only species to nourish our young with our mammary glands but we are the only species who look down on it or want it hidden from view.

I do agree women should try to be considerate of others but I bet you don't want to hear a screaming baby either. It's a no win situation.

1) orignal comment was in distaste (by a woman) that a man posted an image of a woman breastfeeding.
2) further responses were in distaste by men and women.

Just so you know, here where I live, a woman may bare her breast in public and a man can go naked. Yes, in San Fransisco, men and women can walk around stark naked. I've seen both. I don't feel comfortable with either. ;)

The whole farting analogy doesn't fly with me. Farting has its own set of rules and the 'norm' is that it should go unsuspected as to who did it. There are indeed some deviants who fart and don't care who knows about it, but the vast majority of people know that their job is to hold it in until they can either move to a location so that people will not know it was them who farted, or to be very discreete about sound and smell and hope for the best.

As a vast people, we have been able to accomplsih alot on this one topic and without a law to guide us. I think we are doing a good job in this department.

Trever1t said:
1) orignal comment was in distaste (by a woman) that a man posted an image of a woman breastfeeding.
2) further responses were in distaste by men and women.

Just so you know, here where I live, a woman may bare her breast in public and a man can go naked. Yes, in San Fransisco, men and women can walk around stark naked. I've seen both. I don't feel comfortable with either. ;)

LOL! I didn't know that. I guess I was thinking of public indecency laws. A guy a couple years ago answered the door to a pizza delivery person with his junk hanging out and was charged. But...we use to (not sure if it still happens) have a naked run that the college students put on.

And that's the thing. I'd probably feel uncomfortable walking down the road next to a stark naked man. I probably can't do anything about it though. That was my whole point. Women are allowed to breastfeed anywhere they like. If it makes you uncomfortable that sucks but you can't really do anything about it. I was reading about some women (who to make a point) take their shirt right off and start nursing their kid.

Honestly, before I ever had a kid I thought it was weird (breastfeeding itself) and said I would never do it. I have nursed in public and I live in a place where it is very encouraged. I am super shy so I am discrete and will try to find a private place. But that's me. Not everyone feels that way and that's their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back