"If You Don't Like It, Don't Look!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
if my comments were directed at EVERY man, i would have made that clear. if you read back, i clarified to say SOME, or MOST, but never all.

Actualy I was very careful before posting. First off I said "some posts" as there were some that did specify some men and not all. (I think most of yours did and thank you.) However, when you reply to a comment saying "......the gents ......" calling "the gents" stupid and jealous, you are refering to all men. Unless a subgroup is specified ("some", "a few of" etc..) the entire group is the default. This is getting off topic though and I need to get back to work.

Well, I am surprised at the reaction of the trend I stated and the comments made by members of this site. One being that my comments were tardy and not sincere in my replies to other member who were upset with the post.. Sent to me in a private e mail from the a member who is a LOCK KEEPER!

I see now you have your own trend picking up the shattered pieces from so many members.

Good luck to you all, just keep a open mind, we all can not be perfect like you!

My god, what would happen if I started another trend that I have on my mind!!!!

PapaMatt...don't take it to heart. We have the nude forum so you can keep things in perspective by thinking how on earth can you get a PM about what you did when on the other hand is perfectly OK to have nude shots of half-neked women and the predicatable adult drool and the show me more lustful comments that not one woman has ever shown intolerance too (afaik) But Alas...the nudes are art and your photojournalism is not.

Boy what a fire-starter you are PapaMatt. :lmao:

It did start out that way but the woman in the picture was eventually called a "roaming milk machine".

Actually, I know a lot of nursing moms who would have laughed at "roaming milk machine". I did. Much like the photo in question - I guess it's what you read into it.
Some days, that is just how it feels. (Part of normalizing it has to include admitting that it isn't always soft-focus, rocking-chair-in-a-sunlit-window cuddles.)
Therefore, I hope whoever originated that description doesn't mind if I appropriate it for my own use. :)

PapaMatt...don't take it to heart. We have the nude forum so you can keep things in perspective by thinking how on earth can you get a PM about what you did when on the other hand is perfectly OK to have nude shots of half-neked women and the predicatable adult drool and the show me more lustful comments that not one woman has ever shown intolerance too (afaik) But Alas...the nudes are art and your photojournalism is not.

Boy what a fire-starter you are PapaMatt. :lmao:

Thank you, I needed that

Personally (and I BF all my babies) I'm a big fan of discretion. I don't like to draw attention to myself or make others uncomfortable. I appreciate the same of others. But that's just me.

Personally (and I BF all my babies) I'm a big fan of discretion. I don't like to draw attention to myself or make others uncomfortable. I appreciate the same of others. But that's just me.

Oh, come on Betty, I saw you on TV kicking up your heels :lmao:

just a joke

PapaMatt said:
Oh, come on Betty, I saw you on TV kicking up your heels :lmao:

just a joke

:)

So in a nutshell
1. Breastfeeding is healthy, and widely accepted.

2. Discretion is good an also widely accepted.

3. It's natural and they're boobs everyone.

Thank you for your patronage.

I was thinking of making my new avatar of a women breastfeeding, what do you think?

:lmao::lmao::lmao: maybe a new tread :lmao:

To Bitter's Original question.

Yes. If you don't like it, look away. Everything posted here, or done in public has the potential to offend somebody. If we had to take into consideration EVERYONE's feelings/political beliefs/religious background/morality we couldn't post, say or do ANYTHING.

Same goes with laws. It seems that many of the nannystate local governments are so worried that someone is going to get offended, or feelings are going to get hurt that nobody can do anything anymore.

As far as the breastfeeding issue is concerned, do whatever you want, wherever you want. The folks that are making a big deal out of it on either side of the issue are the problem, not the folks quietly practicing it.

Meh...never mind

Last edited:
Ladies,

I actually agree with your side of this debate, however some of the last few posts are crossing the line and do nothing to further your arguments. Comments like "Men are sexist and selfish", and the jealousy and stupidity comments are attacks and plain simple Male bashing. Your rights should not be ignored, but nor should everyone elses.

I agree. And fwiw..

1) I'm a woman
2) Never gave birth or breastfed, never will
3) I think breastfeeding in public is fine, drippy breasts visible in all their wholesome glory, noisy babies feeding away
4) If someone finds that uncomfortable, they should probably treat it the same way they treat any other body issue they find distasteful (for some people that might include junk adjustments, bare hairy chests, unusual body shapes): look away, try to ignore it, move on.
5) I like to look at bare breasts. ..for all sorts of reasons, prurient and otherwise ;)
6) Don't be mean. Anywhere. That includes here.

Last edited:
Tee...by way of example, just go to the Girls of TPF thread and generally speaking, the number of comments that would be in the caution zone or out of bounds in the workplace are quantifiable. No one (woman) makes a stink about any of it. But here we have comments, and I'll point to yours as an example since yours appear very clear, to be disapproval of the choices that women make when breastfeeding in public and that seem to have evoked similalry, particulalry in men, since that photo was posted here last night.

It's interesting how this has turned out. I'd have not given it a moments thought, but for these events that have brought the shared, and apparently in-common, opinions to light.

Even with your photographers eye, I don't quite get yet why a nude would be OK in a digital format, but a mother nursing her child in reality must be more private.

Actually, I initially asked why one couldn't wait 3 minutes to pay the cashier before feeding. I never expressed my feelings one way or another. I tend to lean libertarian so I'm all about personal choices. My 3 sisters all fed openly. Its not shocking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back