If you ever need an Online Photo Album to store your pictures

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by foto12q, Jun 10, 2007.

1. foto12q

foto12q TPF Noob!

2. Rusty_Tripod

Rusty_Tripod TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I looked at your album. I suppose that you are shooting digital., and I am not a fan of digital. Digital shooters tend to shoot and to post excessive numbers of images rather than choosing to be selective. (They are so thrilled with the artistic capablities of their one finger.) Of course, they may be posting to share photos with friends and family (who will indulge the shooter) rather than photography enthusiasts.

Example: I wondered why you posted 4 shots with of the falls the subsequent travelog images when one would have sufficed. Again, a lot depends upon the motivation for posting altogether. Your question and your label beneath the handle (TPF noob) suggest an interest in photography but the website is uncertain as to your intent. Have you thought about it. Are you interested in photography so you can take better shots to share with the family or is your interest in photography itself? One of the ten shots posted did suggest that you have some potential if you are interested in serious photography. The others are typical snapshots that show you were there.

Rusty Tripod

3. Groupcaptainbonzo

Groupcaptainbonzo TPF Noob!

You will forgive my bluntness RT. But I thought that a little harsh. I would prefer to encourage and to advise someone who is starting out and looking for advice, as opposed to scaring the poor devil off.
    If I had, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, put some images up for a crit. I think the camera would now be in the dustbin...
    Maybe you could give foto12q some advice, a pointer or two as to how to improve these images, What you would do at the same location etc etc. I don't think I read any of these in your reply.

4. Rusty_Tripod

Rusty_Tripod TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I responded as the poster asked. My response was succinct enough.

The poster just needs to determine the reason for the website and build it around that goal. It may very reflect all that the poster intended from the beginning, and no one needs to let the poster "know what you think." If the poster has a higher goal, then he/she needs to be open to voices that may not be as soft as one might like to hear.

What I think: It is okay but redundant. The viewer does not know why you are posting so many shots of the same thing. There is much repetition. What has been posted that might interest a stranger who should come upon the site? If, however, you are posting a photo blog, then have at it.

Rusty Tripod

5. thelazerviking

thelazerviking TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    it's almost as easy to post 50 pictures as it is with 5 when it comes do digital. foto12q is just documenting his work; it's no profesional site. As of now though I see no pictures on it and wish I could