If you had $30,000 to spend...

Money only brings greed, which leads to sadness, which leads to a crappy sad life....

Oh but how I'd love the opportunity to prove that wrong :D

I'd get 'some' gear, the rest would pay off my debts and a fun family trip to celebrate.

I know a lot of rich people. Most are arrogant dicks because the money has got to their head. I know for a fact that there are rich, nice, giving people out there but very few.
Please by all means prove me wrong! Win that lotto!

Money only brings greed, which leads to sadness, which leads to a crappy sad life....

Oh but how I'd love the opportunity to prove that wrong :D

I'd get 'some' gear, the rest would pay off my debts and a fun family trip to celebrate.

I know a lot of rich people. Most are arrogant dicks because the money has got to their head. I know for a fact that there are rich, nice, giving people out there but very few.
Please by all means prove me wrong! Win that lotto!

Most are arrogant dicks because they believe that their money makes them better, rather than the fact that their friends make them better. The first thing I'd do if I won a 9-figure lottery is give millions of dollars each to friends and family so that we could all move near each other in peace and comfort. I'd buy some nice toys, and then buy duplicates for those friends and family and then buy a trip for us to use them. Then I'd take 50% of the rest of the money, give it to people trying to cure cancer, and put the rest in savings/stock for me to live off of.

I'd put it as a down payment for a house we are trying to buy!

Ok... I look at this concept differently due to fact I often have commissions in that range. The difference is that I only hit those about maybe twice a year but that is beside the point. My answer would change about every 3 months. Right now I would do the most important thing everyone failed to mention.... PAY MY FREAKIN @#@#%@ Taxes!!!!!
With the remaining 22k I have I would set aside 7 of it into savings. I would invest 5. Give 5 to my wife. Spend 3 on gear and spend two on whatever suited me at the moment. :) I spent 9K in the first week of marriage. 8k the second week. and about $50 the third week. LOL

Ok... I look at this concept differently due to fact I often have commissions in that range. The difference is that I only hit those about maybe twice a year but that is beside the point. My answer would change about every 3 months. Right now I would do the most important thing everyone failed to mention.... PAY MY FREAKIN @#@#%@ Taxes!!!!!

WOW, that must be nice!

Actually, I'm lucky enough to know how that feels since my wife doubled her salary the first year she was at her new job with not commissions but profit sharing and her salary is substantial enough that, once we paid taxes on that money, we bought a house and half. Keep in mind that we buy rentals, not mansions. :lol:

I'd pay off my debt, buy a couple lenses, maybe a cheap used car since my current one is crap, then put the rest in the bank.

Right now I would do the most important thing everyone failed to mention.... PAY MY FREAKIN @#@#%@ Taxes!!!!!

...Ok, but if you think about it, the concept behind this thread is based on the assumption that the ones podsting the replies get their taxes paid with their regular income and this $30,000 is a sudden, unexpected and disposable finance source.

Right now I would do the most important thing everyone failed to mention.... PAY MY FREAKIN @#@#%@ Taxes!!!!!

...Ok, but if you think about it, the concept behind this thread is based on the assumption that the ones podsting the replies get their taxes paid with their regular income and this $30,000 is a sudden, unexpected and disposable finance source.

Actually, he has a point. If you get 30k given to you, it doesn't matter how you got it or where it came from....you will have to claim that as income when you file your taxes (the normal taxes you pay won't be enough to cover an additional 30k yearly income). Better to hold out 6-8k of it for tax season than to spend it all and find out that you owe an extra 8 grand in taxes when you've already spent it all and don't have the money anymore to pay those taxes.

You guys are getting too technical for a hypothetical question.

if given the opportunity to spend 30k on stuff i WANT....different story.
i'll go so far as to limit it to photographic stuff.

D700. slingshot 200. a nice wide angle lens...something comparable to the 10-20? new desktop monster for editing and whatnot.

that;s way more fun than my original answer :D

if given the opportunity to spend 30k on stuff i WANT....different story.
i'll go so far as to limit it to photographic stuff.

D700. slingshot 200. a nice wide angle lens...something comparable to the 10-20? new desktop monster for editing and whatnot.

that;s way more fun than my original answer :D

Are you talking about the Lowepro bag? Those are only like $80.

$30K isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things. I'd invest it...... I'd prefer to retire at some point.

Most reactions

Back