If you had $30,000 to spend...

A TV?!?!?!

Boys.... :er:

not just boys... all the other girls at work spend their money on trips down south and clothes/purses/shoes...

I buy electronics... I love the thrill on a new shiney toy :mrgreen:

If I won $30,000 off a "scratcher", I would invest it and make that 30,000 into $60,000 or more. ;)

Now, if you are saying that I won 30Gs and had to spend it on something, I think that would be done easily enough with a couple of D3x's and Bronfcolor studio equipment, and would take me about 5 minutes, one call, and an additional $20,000 on my credit card to make happen.

Bottom line, 30Gs is easy to spend. :lmao:

if given the opportunity to spend 30k on stuff i WANT....different story.
i'll go so far as to limit it to photographic stuff.

D700. slingshot 200. a nice wide angle lens...something comparable to the 10-20? new desktop monster for editing and whatnot.

that;s way more fun than my original answer :D

Are you talking about the Lowepro bag? Those are only like $80.

yep the lowepro...i only put that on there because i dont have it yet and i want it.;)
though i will be picking one up in october along with the sig10-20 for a trip to disney. figured it was good justification for that lens and bag.:D

I just figured out what I would spend the $30k on ....

Time off and a trip around the world. The photos and experience will be more valuable than any camera or lens.

Right now I would do the most important thing everyone failed to mention.... PAY MY FREAKIN @#@#%@ Taxes!!!!!

...Ok, but if you think about it, the concept behind this thread is based on the assumption that the ones podsting the replies get their taxes paid with their regular income and this $30,000 is a sudden, unexpected and disposable finance source.

Actually, he has a point. If you get 30k given to you, it doesn't matter how you got it or where it came from....you will have to claim that as income when you file your taxes (the normal taxes you pay won't be enough to cover an additional 30k yearly income). Better to hold out 6-8k of it for tax season than to spend it all and find out that you owe an extra 8 grand in taxes when you've already spent it all and don't have the money anymore to pay those taxes.

You fail to realize the question. He said you won the money from a sctratcher.
Any gambling or loto is subject to an average of 48% tax so in reality you would have less than 20,000. SO yes you would have to pay taxes on that money. Even if some one gave you the money there would still be IRS implications. Even if a parent dies and leaves the money there is still ESTATE tax. Trust me I know all about taxes.. Regards less of where the money comes from, the Government still has to know. If you deposit more than 10K into your Bank, The Gov automaitaclly gets a red flag and looks into it. They will find out.

30,k wow thats a lot of money expecialy to a middle class. Id deff donate 5 grand to a charity cause thats what iv always wanted to do is donate atleast 5 grand to a charity of some sort. Second thing i would do is buy a dslr cause iv always wanted one and i dont have one. Then id by a realy expincive printer and picture pirnting papter and frames. and then id bagg my Ford ranger and body drop it so i can go scraping lol....

...Ok, but if you think about it, the concept behind this thread is based on the assumption that the ones podsting the replies get their taxes paid with their regular income and this $30,000 is a sudden, unexpected and disposable finance source.

Actually, he has a point. If you get 30k given to you, it doesn't matter how you got it or where it came from....you will have to claim that as income when you file your taxes (the normal taxes you pay won't be enough to cover an additional 30k yearly income). Better to hold out 6-8k of it for tax season than to spend it all and find out that you owe an extra 8 grand in taxes when you've already spent it all and don't have the money anymore to pay those taxes.

You fail to realize the question. He said you won the money from a sctratcher.
Any gambling or loto is subject to an average of 48% tax so in reality you would have less than 20,000. SO yes you would have to pay taxes on that money. Even if some one gave you the money there would still be IRS implications. Even if a parent dies and leaves the money there is still ESTATE tax. Trust me I know all about taxes.. Regards less of where the money comes from, the Government still has to know. If you deposit more than 10K into your Bank, The Gov automaitaclly gets a red flag and looks into it. They will find out.

What if you just get a lot of cash from doing things like small shoots, selling gear on places like craigslist, etc. I deposit way more than 10K per year, and only about $7k is from paychecks. The rest is from tips (which I do not claim), random cash I acquire from selling things, working for cash, etc. Just from Christmas and Birthday alone is usually over $2-$3k. I probably deposit more in cash than I do in checks. Why would they look into that?

Seems like if I want to deposit $1k in cash per month with my paychecks i should be allowed to. Should I be limiting the deposits to under $500 with each paycheck (twice a month)?

Last edited:
I would buy usayit a green dress, but not a real greed dress... that's cruel.

Macbook Pro and software (PS, Aperture), maybe a big monitor for editing.
Nikon D700 and 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Speedlight
nice scanner for prints/negatives
Home b&w film processing stuff.
A few bulk rolls of film.
Save left over.

hmm....
mac pro and a big monitor,
1d mkIII (or wait until the mkIV),
some lovely new L glass
couple of flashes, PW's
trampoline
bottle of schnapps.

save the rest up for a car, probably a nice datsun 1200 coupe or a 280z.
then paint it matte black, possibly chalkboard paint.

hmm....
mac pro and a big monitor,
1d mkIII (or wait until the mkIV),
some lovely new L glass
couple of flashes, PW's
trampoline
bottle of schnapps.

save the rest up for a car, probably a nice datsun 1200 coupe or a 280z.
then paint it matte black, possibly chalkboard paint.

All that stuff and I could not help but bust out laughing at the TRAMPOLINE????

I am a retard but that is funny to me mixed in with all the other stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back