If you had the choice...

Go after what your heart says.

mountainlander said:
In the used car market, 100K is the kiss of death and a car automatically loses value between 99999 miles and 100K.

In the UK cars are thought of as knackered after 100,000 miles!

100,000 must just be a magic number!

My 1300 cc Golf has over 130,000 miles on it and still runs good! It all depends how it's been treated and cared for.

AlisonPower said:
I vote silver. Aubrey's current Celica has 188,000 and the one before that went to 256,000. They'll last forvever as long as you love them well :love: I love sunroofs so that's my pick if everything else is equal :)

Oh, she left off the part that the other one was only sold because of my move out of the country. It still got 40MPG and didn't burn a drop of oil at 256K. That and the one we have now still runs like a new car.

hobbes28 said:
Oh, she left off the part that the other one was only sold because of my move out of the country. It still got 40MPG and didn't burn a drop of oil at 256K. That and the one we have now still runs like a new car.

You could sell a Celica to anyone with info like that :) I can't wait to get one just to see how much gas I save :lmao:

I've decided to drive down on Monday and scope out the silver car...then if I like it I'm gonna have a mechanic friend check it out..and if it's all good, I'm gettin it...no turning back :)

clarinetJWD said:
Go for the one with a spoiler! Sports cars don't look right without one. :)

I agree ;) And the sunroofs' a nice added touch :mrgreen:

andreag5 said:
if you're not in a hurry why not keep looking for a car with all the silver's extras with a black paint job :D

That would be the ultimate...but I really need one within the next two weeks...preferably by Thursday when school starts :)

Well I didn't get to go yesterday as was planned, but went today...and I must say the silver is the best!!!!!! I love love love the sunroof, and it's much cleaner than the other too. I'm having a mechanic check it out sometime this week and if it's good then I'm buying it!!!

Amanda: have you had a closer look at the model with the sunroof and checked the seals on the sunroof itself? I've noticed with older cars with sunroofs the seals let go after long periods of exposure to the elements, Also check around the opening for rust because sometimes water can build up in the cavity that houses the sliding panel.

Buy the Silver, the milage isn't much more than the Black car and shouldn't be an issue unless the previous owner did a lot of 'spirited' driving during their ownership of the car. Silver will be easier to keep clean over black and it won't get as hot in Summer.

Go nuts after and source a TRD Bodykit. :D

Thanks X :) It was actually raining today when I went for a look and the sunroof wasn't leaking at all...I looked the car over pretty well and didn't see any rust at all, but my friend that I'm going to have check it out is a car guru, he knows everything to look for, so I'm leaving the details I wouldn't notice up to him :)

I just hope they can hold it until he gets up there to look at it, school starts this week and he's employed on the campus, so it may be the weekend, but if I'm paying cash I'm hoping they'll wait :)

I would love love love to get a bodykit for it! They are really sweet and make them look even fancier...I don't know squatt about them but have seen em on ebay...I'll be sure and look into it, it may have to be a christmas gift :)

eromallagadnama said:
I would love love love to get a bodykit for it! They are really sweet and make them look even fancier...I don't know squatt about them but have seen em on ebay...I'll be sure and look into it, it may have to be a christmas gift :)

Celica Kits here!

Prices are in US Dollars. :)

Get the one you like :mrgreen:

If its not the right color you can always spend a couple hundread to paint it.

On a sidenote, I find it odd that a lot of people here in the US cant drive a stick shift.

Well this Frickin SUCKS :( They called me today about the silver car and it's been sold...I was having my mechanic go up first thing tommorow to check it out, and now nothing :( Now that school has started back I don't have the time to go around hours away to get a car, so it looks like there's no celica in my future...so I've got to choose a different car...I'm gonna look locally tonight and maybe saturday go to a big city 30 miles from here to search, but right now I'm totally ticked off.

So if you want to suggest cars be my guest...It looks like it's gonna be another week or so which SUCKS big time!!!

I HATE CAR SHOPPING :mad:

Oh and to add I would continue to search for the celica if I had it my way, but now my parents are getting ticked and I won't get anything if they don't have some say and they're saying pick something different :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back