If you knew what you know now, then.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Would you still be with/without the same person, in the job you are now, have studied the subjects you did back then?

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

What makes you think I didn't know then what I know now?

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I'm still young yet...but as of now, yes. Well..yes for the person I'm with. I wish I could have found a way to go to college right out of high school. Right now, who knows when I'll be going. :(

4. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Hey - you are still young so don't worry. Ive taught students at College who were in their 60's! And I fully intend to go back to Uni one day soon.
    Things happen when the time is right so don't sweat it :wink:

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wouldn't have waited to go to college for 10 years. That's for sure. Job is stressful but I love it. Aside from that, there are a few things I'd change.

6. Niki

Niki TPF Noob!

I'd still be with same man, I'd still be studying...so nothing would be different I think :scratch:

7. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    What a tough question.

I went to college for a year right out of high school, then went to work in the insurance industry and have been slowly working on completing my college degree. I don't think I would change that. I feel I am learning more going back to school as an adult, and I've learned a lot about time managmement while working, going to school and caring for two young sons.

As for the relationships part, I wish I had learned earlier to not stay with someone that doesn't truly love you or respect you. I could have saved a lot in legal fees ;)

But, when I look back at my life there isn't anything I would change. I am happy where I am in life, and feel that at age 25 I have a lot of years ahead of me to hopefully better myself and help my community. And certainly, if I changed anything I wouldn't have my terrific sons, and life without them is not imaginable.

8. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    It's amazing the programs they have for returning adult students. I've gone to a variety and the one I liked best was weekend college. One weekend every other week and classes were just on one day. So, 2 Saturdays a month was all I went! Right now I go evenings and it's hard but worth it. If you start slowly you might be surprised at how easy it can fit into your schedule!

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

You're 25? I always pictured you in the 30-40 range. No offence intended there. :?

10. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    It's okay Ferny, you're not the first to say that.
    See MD, now you're off the hook :lol:

I've gotten that my whole life, and yet I look about 18. In my line of work I do mostly phone contact with the agents (I'm a life insurance underwriter) and so when they meet me I always get that same look of confusion. People tend to have a hard time believing I am the owner of my photo studio as well, but they get over it :lol:

My first son was born when I was 20 and I was often confused for an older sister or a teenage Mom :)

11. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ferny gets a lump of coal fer christmas from ali :wink:

If i had the chance I would have swam the other way about 32 years ago :lol: but no i had to be the good swimmer and get hatched.

Seriously I might have gone a different route in college. maybe a degree that guarenteed me a job when i got out instead of getting my BFA, i mean hell i could have mastered art on my own- i figure through practice, but NNNNoooooooo i had to go after something I was good at...ugh I should have gone into CGI graphics or the like or even film directing. :roll: ah the woulda-coulda scenerio.

12. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    So, what is your job now...something in a library, right?