If you like cars....

trtjazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to an auto museum yesterday for the pics here's a few arstie'd up that I took.

Terry

and a couple of others...

Love the cars and the last one rocks! :headbang: The water shot has me falling to the my left.

Jon, thanks and I missed that on the water shot much appreciated.

I am not sure about the direct flash in the car photos. Handsome cars none the less.

The huge cylinder thingy with stairs is a phenomenal photo!!! The composition is right on. Excellent use of a long lens.

I would also like to mention that I have a fear of long lenses. Fear may be the wrong word. Lets just say I rarely use them. I love teasing my co workers about using theirs all the time. Anyway, have you asked to enter the grounds of the tanks? (I wish I could think of what they are called) They will almost certainly say no, but it may be worth a try.

Craig here's the interesting story to go along with the petroleum tanks. I was across the street from these tanks and I no sooner got one or two shots off and a pick up truck comes roaring up and stops right in front of me.

"What are you taking pictures of and why......?" The guy climbs out and comes over to me. I told him just general photog etc..... "Sorry I have to ask, plant security and ever since 911 we have to check it all out."

Well all was cool after I told him etc and he drove off. I had mixed emotions about it.
1. Hey dude back off we're in America and I have the right blah blah blah
and the second emotion was...
2. Thank God someone's watching for possible catastrophies, because I sure haven't been.

Your sure getting some good shots in. Like the way you frame your pictures. The tank shot is really good, the way you composed it is perfect. I have a hard time decieding if different lighting conditions would improve it. Anyhow good eye.

That is what I was looking for. I just a love photo stories. It is good looking out by the plant security. You never can be too careful. At least they were respectful and did not confiscate your gear.

I am sure a lot of people are torn on the "Hey, this is America... I have rights" theory. The subject is deserving of it's own thread and can be debated 'till we are all blue in the face. So... Again, amazing photo and deserving story!!!

Je-C said:
I like number 5, but what? No VWs? j/k

Actually there was a VW in another shot I took perhaps I'll post that one.

Craig, it did give me a fright for a moment, but the guy was ok about it all but firm.

A fright indeed! A couple of months ago I was interrogated by the gang at this small drilling company. Had somebody been in the office I would have asked. In this case two trucks pulled up in time to see me in the middle of their junk pile. They were pissed. They thought I was a "Green" (environmentalist) trying to exploit drilling. When they asked where I worked I told them the paper. That was my second mistake. I switched the camera to play back and showed them the 2 photos I had taken. They still did not get it. This went on for an agonizing 45 minutes. Finally I had to say "call the cops or I am leaving because I can not argue my intentions one more minute" They let me go.

Needless to say I got such a fright I now go out of my way to get permission. Most people are accommodating.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back