If you look in local photographers store fronts

kelleycakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And you like what you see, do you inquire with the photographer where he took the shot?

I saw a nice senior portrait in a windowfront, and I dont know where the brick arch is that he took it at, and I would like to know.

Of course. Arguably photographers are friendly sorts. Unless they are on a deadline. Or drunk at a party. Rule #1 as a photographer is do not be shy.

Love & Bass

I also think most people in general would love the opportunity to discuss what they do for a hobby / living. Even more so with someone that's interested in the same field.

I've only come across one snobby photographer (granted he was a VERY famous photographer in the area) that really didn't talk to me unless I was a Large Format film shooter, but other than that I have met some of the nicest people. It's fun walking around a big event and having people comment on what you are shooting and be able to do the same with them.

I made this mistake once. I walked into a gallery and asked a question about a photo. Man it took me 2 hours to get out of there. The guy just wouldn't stop talking. LOL

Well Im dying to give it a try, with a local professional here in town,so I guess I will give it a shot, and will let you know how it goes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back