If you think moths are the ugly brown things that eat clothes...

photo28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Think again!
I just thought I would share some pictures of moths that I raised.

Citheronia Regalis, Male
MoreLepPictures003.jpg

Actias Luna, male (as seen on the "Lunesta" commercials)
CIMG2101.jpg

Automeris Io, male(yellow) and Female (brown)
MoreLepPictures009.jpg

MoreLepPictures007.jpg

Hope you like these!:wink:
C&C appreciated

I do indeed like them! They are all beautiful. I especially like the Luna and male Io.

What do you do once you raise them? Do you supply cocoons to butterfly conservatories or something?

Are you sure they are all moths? I'm pretty sure I saw the second one making a cameo appearance in Men in Black... :fangs:

Beautiful shots, man :)

great shots I'm impressed and you captured the right animal though..

Thank you!
If I have extra cocoons or eggs I do have a website to order them from but if I dont have any extras I just keep them, take pictures, or let them go. The Lunas and Io's are cool, both brightly colored! The Regalis are the biggest. I have an A. Io caterpillar now, they sting!
Thank you all!

I'm trying to get one but the film pictures arent coming out so good and I don't have my Digtal camera right now. Heres a shot I pulled off google just to show you what it looks like. I'll try to get a picture soon.
2309779951_cd48472e18.jpg

Wow, I love moths. There are some crazy kinds out there. I caught my first luna the other day. He was gorgeous. Let me know about your moth website! I may be interested in some cocoons.

Cool, did you catch it at a light trap? I don't have any cocoons now, sorry, I'll let you know when I might though, maybe soon.

He was flying down the street from me and I just barely saw him. Sadly, he was dying and he landed in the middle of the road and I ran up to check him out.

Actias Luna, male (of course male) is ver elegant!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back