If you were a rich man, yada yada yada yaaa

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
If you won the lottery, say £16m ($30m, €23m, $40m (aud)) what would you do?

I think I'd buy a bit of land and build myself a not-too-big not-too-small house out of oak. I'd make a pond/lake. For some reason I've always wanted a lake which has an island with lemurs on it. But they'd take constant care so that's a no-no. I'd like at least three dogs, but wouldn't for the same reason.
After my house I'd love to build a series of three story flats which I'd rent out to new families on the cheap (I sound a right sap here don't I?).
Obviously I'd give money to family. £1m each to my mum, dad and sister. Some to my aunt and uncle to (we aren't a big, close family so no-one else).
Not far from here is a visitor's farm. Schools and children go there to see cows being milked, pigs and sheep giving birth etc. I wouldn't mind owning one of those.
For fun I'd buy a fleet of cars to modify to. I'm thinking smoothed Golf's and big bhp Skylines. :drool:.
There are at least two websites I have planned. One would take money to create as I'd have to pay someone to code it all. And I'd love a shop which sells music and is a kind of coffee house thingy.

But I haven't thought about it....

if i won 20 million dollars(us):

i would sit my 10 closest friends down in one room and close the door, and ask the question "how does it feel to be a millionaire"?

then 5 million goes towards charity, and the other 5 i dump in a high interest yielding savings account, or CD and live comfortably off the interest checks that flow in each month.

:)

md

20D ???

I'd get the 1Ds Mark II...just as my everyday camera.

Big Mike :) get off :) I'm a poor student from Poland :) I 20d would be enough :p:p:p

I'd like to buy a lake...or at least all the lots at a lake and build cabins for my friends & family to use.

all my favorite TPF ladies would get a cool million. just for being awesome. :oops: :wink:

[/mushiness]

md

oh and i would buy a large format camera, and i would buy someone so they could show me how to work it.

Well...I'd pay off my bills, and give an extra $1000 or so to my former landlord (he recently sold the building..I hate my new landlord!), because he was so good to me when I was going through my financial troubles. I'd take my boyfriend and I on a trip to Europe. I've always wanted to travel, but never really had any particular places that I REALLY wanted to go...but he does. So...it's be Greece, Rome, and a few other places. I'd start goin to college, too, since I'd be able to afford it. Then I would find some land somewhere and, like Ferny, build me a not too small, not to big house.

THEN I would start in on buying all the photog equipment that I've always wanted!

Oh! And I'd pay off my bf's college as well! :)

And a new car...mine is about shot!

but to be honest I'd but a BMW :) I love those cars.. and Nissan X-trail - lovely. Also I'd like to have a home in Italy in Toscania and go to New Zeland to take some awesome shots like Vonnagy :)

I'll also give something for a charity and for homeless dogs :)

mentos_007 said:
Big Mike :) get off :) I'm a poor student from Poland :) I 20D would be enough :p:p:p

Well you wouldn't be a poor student after you won the lottery...now would you? :D

The question is...would you stay in school if you won all that money? Usually people get an education to be able to make a decent living. But if that was not required, would you still go?

Think about it...you could live the fun life of a student...without the hardship of being poor? But the motivation to study would be pretty hard to muster.

yeah I will stay in school! Really! I don't want to be reach and stupid! I'd also do a few other faculties!!!

core_17 said:
I'd be goin to college!!! I wanna go sooooo bad!

There is always student loans.

My family would be set that's for damn sure. Then I'd take a life long vacation and forget that I live on this damn rock. :wink:

Most reactions

Back