If you're online right now...

Hertz van Rental said:
That means finding a mIRC client that will talk between my Mac and the obviously shoddily programmed PC server - and to do that I need all the info to make the connection. Where do I get that from, exactly?
I remember the last time we tried setting up a chat room. You could all see me but I couldn't see any of you - or what you were saying.
Life's just too short for me to waste my time trying to get into a system set up by someone who has never heard of Macintosh or UNIX.

Macs aren't as incompatible with the rest of the world as you seem to think. I'm on a mac and am connecting just fine. To get into the chat room, all you have to do is click Chase link (works fine for me), or use a generic IRC client (there are plenty out there for mac). The particular one I use most frequently is Conversation. Here are a bunch more. Just connect to the server irc.newnet.net and then join the channel #thephotoforum, and you're in. IRC is by no means a single-platform environment, and you can do everything with it on a mac, unix, gnu-linux, or whatever platform you want just as well as you can on windows.

Unimaxium said:
To get into the chat room, all you have to do is click Chase link (works fine for me),
As I have already said - it doesn't work. At least, not for me.
I really cannot be arsed to start downloading programmes and entering information just for something that may or may not work.
You go play.

I tried.

I hate chat. It's why I use forums.

Alexandra said:
Hey, jon (Verb), why d'you get banned???

I have no idea! I was inactive for about ten minutes, but other than that I haven't the faintest. I didn't really bother to read the message it gave me though... I should have.

ha ha! bad boy, that's what you get for not getting implied into the social machine.

...too much Orwell. I know.

Awwww...come during what would be evening for North America, and it's quite busy! We had tons of fun in there last night! Course, you've gotta watch out, cuz Joe gets pretty brutal with is large trout. ;)

then it would be something like 2am here (when its something like 8pm there) Im totally sleeping at that time.......maybe wake up a bit early for work. That can work, i think

There were quite a few people on when I got off work yesterday, aroudn 3:30-4ish, my time (central standard time)...that wouldn't be too late for ya. would it? We'd LOOOVE to see you in there! But be careful...Lumi has been practicing her whip skills....

oh dear.....well im there right now........together with 2 Dwellers. But not really, cause apperently he is at work.
But ill be there for a while now, as long as my connection isnt going mental.

I'll be home in 1/2 an hour, though I'll have some stuff to do before I get online. But in approx. 1-2 hours I'll be on!!! Providing my internet doesn't CRAP OUT like it did yesterday. :grumpy:

Ok, y'all...TIME TO CHAT! We have a fresh supply of trout, and Lumi's whip is ready to go (borrowed if from her after she left last night). So...come on in!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back