Ignorance is bliss

not sure.

you just need flour marg eggs cheese

good luck

or order it on line at tesco lol lol

delivery might be expensive though

Alex_B said:
some once thought me Scottish

How surprising to hear that you have been asked if you were Scottish, too, when you were in the States, Alex. For so was I and until today I am wondering what made that person think I was? But he shut up totally when I said "No, Germany" (he had asked "Are you from Scotland?"). That particular person did, but very often were there people who immediately started to tell us when their families came over and if it were their grandparents or great-grandparents that made the great journey, or who of their friends or family has only just recently been over to visit. "Ah, Germany, the River Rhine, Oktoberfest, 'wurst and beer'"...

...reason enough to invite as many Americans over to the NORTH Germany Meet-Up at the end of May as can come!!!!!!! ;) So they see there is more to Germany than girls in dirnl, guys in lederhosen, the River Rhine and Bavaria. Ha! :D

(Sorry for hijacking your rant-thread, Lisa, but I must use every occasion I can get to promote that meet-up :biggrin: :greenpbl: )

How surprising to hear that you have been asked if you were Scottish, too, when you were in the States, Alex.

The worrying thing is, this was not in the States, but this was in Fort William in Scotland!!

I was flirting with this Scottish lass, when all the time some Americans were watching us and listening, but apparently they did not get much of our conversation. So they were pretty sure we were both Scottish.

No, I was not wearing a kilt and eating haggis then.

guys in lederhosen, the River Rhine

I live at said river, and I could wear lederhosen if required.

i had a scone last week... it was nice.

I've been confused for Australian by an American and German by some Dutch people

Oh, it will be required. Trust me. :lol:

but those i have are from the times when i was 5 or 6 years old!

If you bring some larger Lederhosen, I might put them on.

but those i have are from the times when i was 5 or 6 years old!

If you bring some larger Lederhosen, I might put them on.
Sure, I'll just pop 'round to the local department store and pick up a pair. :er:

Bring some scissors and velcro and we'll get our photo op of Alex_B in lederhosen.

(Needless to say, I won't do the same re my dirndl from when I was about 10 years old)

How surprising to hear that you have been asked if you were Scottish, too, when you were in the States, Alex. For so was I and until today I am wondering what made that person think I was?

I think it will be the hard K's both accents share.

I think it will be the hard K's both accents share.

and the different pronounciation of vowels such as a and u, which up in Northern England and some parts of Scotland are just pronounced in a very German way ...

How surprising to hear that you have been asked if you were Scottish, too, when you were in the States, Alex. For so was I and until today I am wondering what made that person think I was? But he shut up totally when I said "No, Germany" (he had asked "Are you from Scotland?"). That particular person did, but very often were there people who immediately started to tell us when their families came over and if it were their grandparents or great-grandparents that made the great journey, or who of their friends or family has only just recently been over to visit. "Ah, Germany, the River Rhine, Oktoberfest, 'wurst and beer'"...

...reason enough to invite as many Americans over to the NORTH Germany Meet-Up at the end of May as can come!!!!!!! ;) So they see there is more to Germany than girls in dirnl, guys in lederhosen, the River Rhine and Bavaria. Ha! :D

(Sorry for hijacking your rant-thread, Lisa, but I must use every occasion I can get to promote that meet-up :biggrin: :greenpbl: )

My husband, the American, is of German decent.

Hence the good looks and high cheek bones, apparenty :)

Hold on, lets marvel at him again and reclaim the thread...

l_17b1661358473c67b00e0b359267ee5b.jpg

He looks so different from me.

and the different pronounciation of vowels such as a and u, which up in Northern England and some parts of Scotland are just pronounced in a very German way ...

true, true

Most reactions

Back