Ignorance is bliss

In some restaurants in Canada, they actually feel the need to deep fry Cheese cake!!

They wrap it in a pastry and deep fry it, then pour melted chocolate and whipped cream over it!

I've never been able to bring myself to try it, but it looks amazing!!

But you would not possibly be too blonde, too (have you ever posted a self portrait on here into any of the many self-portrait threads, by the way?)??? What with that German NAME!?!?! ;) ;) ;)
But who knows?
You might as well just be too ... (sorry, your idea, not mine!) ... "ghastly" !?!?!?!?! ;) ;) ;)

Lisa B

Like always, I come in at the tail end of a 2 page marathon of posting but,

Whats funny is reading halfway through the first page of posts.... totally blows that scone theory all to hell LOL

I was actually laughing while reading... "mmmm scones" , and "I've got some in the oven right now, and I'm in England", and "scones are great!" hahahahahaha

And as to someone pointing out your accent in public... at least you werent in the south... down here some stupid redneck would probably think your from paris and would get in to an argument with you about how your a liberal wuss, and how we saved your country, and how we took "French Fries" back and re-named them Freedom Fries....

yeah, I love living in the south as you can tell lol

Freedom Fries!?!? hahaha

Are they boiled?

:D

The thing with Scones is, yeh, we eat them but its one of those things most people would eat on holiday to devon with clotted cream and jam - and unless you home bake them yourself or have them on holiday they're not worth eating.

After not eating a scone in like 8 years, if i end up cooking some i'll post you a picture :p

As for accents, i dont know sometimes if accents are an issue with me cozmy dad was scottish, mum English, husband American, best friend Welsh. I am used to diffferent twangs.

Some things that are a problem are more the words used for things like:

Neeps and Tatties is Scottish for Potatoes and Swede/Turnips

Cutch - Welsh for Cuddle/Hug

The funniest translations are words used both side of the ocean but for different things...

Fanny

America - Butt
England - Vagina

Hiney

America - Butt
England (Up north mostly) - Vagina

There are a couple of others too, which can be embarrassing like

*** (See,it even got edited!) F a g!

America - Quere/gay
England - Cigerette

Yeh, in America, never tell someone you're "going outside to smoke a f ag".

Hmm....theres more...

Fanny

America - Butt
England - Vagina

Hiney

America - Butt
England (Up north mostly) - Vagina

This can lead to some delicate misunderstandings if you date someone from the wrong side of the pond.

*** (See,it even got edited!) F a g!

America - Quere/gay
England - Cigerette

Yeh, in America, never tell someone you're "going outside to smoke a f ag".

Hmm....theres more...

yes, I realised on here that *** is a banned word.

strange world.

and you are right, MANY more

I prefer chips over both French and Freedom fries anyway.

Oh, chips and crisps, another source of misunderstanding.

yeh its like the thing that first confused me is, not that i'll get a "what the hell do you want chips with your burger for?" reply to burger and chips, but the fact that you americans DO actually serve chips/crisps with your food....retards

The funniest translations are words used both side of the ocean but for different things...

Fanny

America - Butt
England - Vagina

hahaaha

I can just picture an american asking a brit, "so, you ever done it in the fanny?" lol

lol ****, i just typed lol

im turning into a nerd

I think fanny however isn't really used except for by our grandparents generation and older... everyone is so vulgar these days, they'd just say ass. No confusion there!

Most reactions

Back