IHRA Pro Stocks and Pro Mods

brucelee82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess this will be my first "official" post. Took these at the IHRA Spring Nationals in Rockingham, NC back in April or May. D40x with an 55-200 lense.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

#2 is awesome. #1 would have been if the tail was in tact.

Cool photos.

I know it is difficult keeping everything in focus, w/ proper DOF, composing and framing shots, getting settings all correct, and still capturing a sense of speed and movement... all in a split second.

Shows what one can do with a "lowly" D40 Series camera...

#2 is awesome. #1 would have been if the tail was in tact.

You are right, this is the one I actually meant to post. I just C&P'ed the wrong linking from PhotoBucket.

DSC_0315.jpg

I don't show the movement quite as well because Mike was just beginning to come out of the water box but I think the smoke pouring off the tires makes up for it.

Cool photos.

I know it is difficult keeping everything in focus, w/ proper DOF, composing and framing shots, getting settings all correct, and still capturing a sense of speed and movement... all in a split second.

Shows what one can do with a "lowly" D40 Series camera...

Thanks man. Yeah it is pretty tough to get cars moving. I found the launches were actually a bit easier than the burnouts though, which is contrary to what I thought. Things were made all the more hard due to the ever changing weather that particular day. Sunny one minute, drizzling rain and clouds the next. What should have been about 8-10 hr day at the track actually took about 14-15 due to the breakdowns and rain.

Most reactions

Back